More Mistking Issues

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I know I'm a terrible person and I let the reservoir go beneath the intake again--I bled the line from the base connector and now there is a small leak :rolleyes: has anyone else encountered this? I'm going to change out the tubing and hope what I fixes is. Might need a new connector.

I'm worried I messed up the connector taking the tubing out--I had to really jam the little doodad down to get the tube to release.

No where the line ties into the t connector from the reservoir. I'll cut a little when I get home. Thanks brody.
Simply put.. yes, I've had this issue. I've also had one of their assemblies leak and one blow apart [from the same batch]. I ordered extras for this reason. When I set mine up I had a real go of it - giving up many times. It took me about 3 days of getting frustrated before I finally got it fully going... and I'm still a bit leery.

That being said... they make a great product and if I had it to do over I'd do it again. Having gone through it, I think eventually I'll probably make my own system.

I've had leaks in the connects of the tubing for 2 reasons. First was as brody says, my cutter was at a slight angle and cause a weird little point that I didnt notice. Its imperative that your cuts be as even as possible to make a proper connection with any push fitting. The second part of that is ensuring you have a clean smooth surface. It the tubing has been connected and disconnected a few times, it starts to get scratched. With the amount of pressure on the system... water can actually come out through the "scratches".

I've also had just a bad piece of tubing... it was a "soft" spot and would quite make the connection. I ended up finding a different tubing line [same OD/ID just clear] as it just felt more ridige to me. Once I changed all my lines out I felt more confident. I also way OVER engineered my system.

Best of luck!

Edit: I also had a leak with the reservoir bulkhead. I used EXACTLY what they said on 3 different buckets and each time they leaked. I ended up slathering silicone and epoxy over the area. [I had a really bad experience... but it was worth it in the end]

he second part of that is ensuring you have a clean smooth surface. It the tubing has been connected and disconnected a few times, it starts to get scratched. With the amount of pressure on the system... water can actually come out through the "scratches".

Oh snap -- that's actually probably it! I need to switch to a clear reservoir so I can see when it's low -- I have bled it a lot.

I have a clear reservoir. I filled it with water to just above the bulkhead. Marked the water line with a zero next to it. I then added one gallon at a time and marked those. So I have a 0,1, 2, and 3 gallon markers on the outside so that I always know exactly how much water is still in it.

why not use Auto top off with float valve? You wont ever need to worry about it again. I also use a water leak alarm. my 5g bucket sits in a drip pan with the alarm sensor attached. All I do is clean the bucket every month.
If you remove tubing from quick connectors often the inside collar becomes weak which makes them leak. You dont want to pop off the tubing very often. For all of my bulkheads I added a 90 deg. Keeps the Bulkheads from losing there grip from popping the tubing out over time. Just the 90 gets replaced when it fails.

Back
Top Bottom