More light!!

What's the coverage like with the jungle dawns? If you have one, does it illuminate the whole cage? Or is there just one really bright spot?

Depends on the size of the enclosure. My enclosure is 2x2x4 feet high. It lights up the whole thing, even the bottom of the enclosure is bright. Like I said, it really feels like a beam of sunlight shining through the top canopy. Make sure to arrange the plants so that the top canopy doesn't block the light from reaching the ground plants if you have them.

I know this is a lighting post, but what did you use for planters? It looks like uncovered black spray foam attached to a Dragon Strand bar. If so, how did you attach it? Did you spray it around a pot? And if so, is the pot secured first? Did you use something additional like eggcrate to spray the foam onto?

I Did you spray it around a pot? And if so, is the pot secured first?

This is probably exactly what he did. You spray the foam around the pot at a 90 degree angle or close to a 90 degree angle, onto an already mounted dragon ledge or something similar. You can spray the foam on anything honestly as long as youre willing tondo the work to make it look the way you want. Ive never really secured the pot first, but i know of those who have using twist ties.

I used zip ties and cut into the plastic pots to secure a place for the plants and to put what is called Greatstuff pond foam around the pots! Has worked wonders. Just make sure the plants under can get light so plan accordingly.

Attachments

• 20190128_120103.jpg
    20190128_120103.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 20190128_142957.jpg
    20190128_142957.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 137
I used zip ties and cut into the plastic pots to secure a place for the plants and to put what is called Greatstuff pond foam around the pots! Has worked wonders. Just make sure the plants under can get light so plan accordingly.

Awesome! Thank you for those pictures. I really like how you used the large sticks to create a vertical mounting area and keep the remainder of your horizontal ledges free. Although the finished product looks like you added more?
I like how it looks just uncovered in this case and it’s a lot less work and mess than trying to use silicone and dirt. I have used spray foam a lot for frog vivarium backgrounds. Here is one of mine in progress and after. I used my Dremel (with mask and goggles) to carve it out. My frog tanks are bioactive but I am not doing that for my Cham. Maybe someday. But I can definitely do this planting. Thanks again.
48C87DB9-94E2-4969-ACF8-61068D6A45F8.jpeg

BA0049FA-E06B-4B9F-867E-B80DBB3C5525.jpeg

Ok I think you added more foam to secure more branches. Great idea. I’m inspired.

Back
Top Bottom