More chameleon art

AWESOME!!!!! im glad to see ive sucked in a few people. :D:D:D
I am gonna put a post together later in the week, calling out to all the artist. paintings, drawings etc. i bet this will be really fun!!! i am doing a black and white panther that i started last night.
Bro i LOVE your use of charcoal pencil and the Jackson was an awesome pic cause of their very defined scales and texture. I am so gonna do one.

OOHHHH just had a great idea. We can do monthly drawing threads, and have a new theme each month.................and i think even those people that dont draw would still appreciate it.
Any thought on that??????

photo contest month should be art!
- most detailed
- most origional
- most colourful

just some ideas

I like where this is going.....
We should try to get the forum people involved. Im too new to it to introduce the idea to them but maybe someone knows how to make this happen........

Ashley- These are the only decent 'step-by-steps' I've got. And thanks everyone for the compliments.
Jacksondrawing015.jpg

Jacksondrawing004.jpg

Jacksondrawing019.jpg

If I found that framed in a gallery... I would have to buy it. No Joke. Really though... that is a really nice piece of work.

You could make a collection of herp art like this... Buy a booth at a Retpile show... and I believe you would make a killing. Seriously I would love it you would consider this... and get more awseome pieces like that into the world.

Looks so real, you can probably post that in the photography contest as a black and white chameleon species. No, but really, that is beautiful.

If I found that framed in a gallery... I would have to buy it. No Joke. Really though... that is a really nice piece of work.

You could make a collection of herp art like this... Buy a booth at a Retpile show... and I believe you would make a killing. Seriously I would love it you would consider this... and get more awseome pieces like that into the world.

It's for sale,... Wanna buy it??!!! HA! Just kidding. No I've considered it, but the minute I start talking price, people bail out. I'm pretty laid back on price on most anything and I like working out deals with people through barter and trade whenever poosible. Once upon a time, I was doing alot of portait type stuff for people, but they wanted me to give it to them for next to nothing. Look at the scales on the finished drawing of the Jackson. There is alot of tedious work that goes into something like that, and when I was doing work for people, I was so backlogged and stressed out, I finally said look, "If anyone else inquires for a piece of art done in black-n-white charcoal on 11x17, starting price-$250- 25% downpayment upfront." That weeded out the ones who really wanted it from the ones who didn't. But with todays economy, I don't see anybody seriously willing to pay that kind of ca$h for a drawing. Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it everyone.

Amazing :)
Can you oil paint?
If you can, one in an oil panting would be gorgeous.

The last time I messed with oil paints, I was in the 5th grade! It's been awhile. I prefer to work in black-n-white, but I think I'm gonna try and get a set of Prismacolor colored pencils. Black-n-white does a chameleon no justice- they should be in full stunning color. The full 100+ set is kind of expensive- I think it's close to $200. If I got them, I'd have to sell something to justify buying them!! Maybe,...

It's for sale,... Wanna buy it??!!! HA! Just kidding. No I've considered it, but the minute I start talking price, people bail out. I'm pretty laid back on price on most anything and I like working out deals with people through barter and trade whenever poosible. Once upon a time, I was doing alot of portait type stuff for people, but they wanted me to give it to them for next to nothing. Look at the scales on the finished drawing of the Jackson. There is alot of tedious work that goes into something like that, and when I was doing work for people, I was so backlogged and stressed out, I finally said look, "If anyone else inquires for a piece of art done in black-n-white charcoal on 11x17, starting price-$250- 25% downpayment upfront." That weeded out the ones who really wanted it from the ones who didn't. But with todays economy, I don't see anybody seriously willing to pay that kind of ca$h for a drawing. Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it everyone.

It is funny you mentioned that because before you replied I was admiring the piece again, the amainzing deatail in specific, and thought that a price of $250 would be the minimal price for something like that. For the amount of time that is put in, and the level of skill involved, that price is more than fair.

Wanna give me a tattoo?:D I would pay nice to carry that on my body for life!

Back
Top Bottom