More bioactive questions

I have a question, what are some cool/cheaper bioactive wall options? I once saw a friend use spray foam for her dart frog terrarium and she painted it to look like rocks. Could you possible combine that with cork roll to look nice ? Is it crazy to possibly put a tiny waterfall and a bunch of cute rocks in

I have a question, what are some cool/cheaper bioactive wall options? I once saw a friend use spray foam for her dart frog terrarium and she painted it to look like rocks. Could you possible combine that with cork roll to look nice ? Is it crazy to possibly put a tiny waterfall and a bunch of cute rocks in
Waterfalls are a big no for chameleons. They pretty much turn into a bacterial soup. I have been working on a foamed in background and most of the sides and am finding it’s a bit more everything than I anticipated. When I do my other enclosures, I may foam just a part of the back and use the hanging plant pockets on the sides. It is kinda fun though and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out.

@MissSkittles The biobags do leak. I wish I wouldn't have purchased one. I am urrently using it my bioactive setup and the bag is way too small if your enclosure is 24 × 24 at the bottom. There is so much unused space with the gap (it's bigger than 1 inch around as it was advertised). Feces, leaves, insects and anything else can get in the gaps and sit on top of the moss (or go down into it) almost making a bioactive setup pointless. I hate the look too because moss in the gaps is messy. I did use a drainage layer at the bottom.

I am waiting for the order to come with the supplies, but I am redoing the bottom of my enclosure because I hate the bag so much. If you use it, I hope that your experience is much more positive than mine.

How would baby's breath work on the bottom of the terrarium? this way if you have a female they will be encouraged to bury in the laying bin rather then get around the vines

@MissSkittles The biobags do leak. I wish I wouldn't have purchased one. I am urrently using it my bioactive setup and the bag is way too small if your enclosure is 24 × 24 at the bottom. There is so much unused space with the gap (it's bigger than 1 inch around as it was advertised). Feces, leaves, insects and anything else can get in the gaps and sit on top of the moss (or go down into it) almost making a bioactive setup pointless. I hate the look too because moss in the gaps is messy. I did use a drainage layer at the bottom.

I am waiting for the order to come with the supplies, but I am redoing the bottom of my enclosure because I hate the bag so much. If you use it, I hope that your experience is much more positive than mine.
Oh dear! I’m hoping it works out. If not then I’ll have to figure something else out. I was going to make planter boxes to sit my enclosures on but I’m afraid of using my circular saw...just know I’ll lose at least one finger if I try. If the bags don’t work well, guess maybe I’ll have to invest in a table saw and make the boxes.

Oh dear! I’m hoping it works out. If not then I’ll have to figure something else out. I was going to make planter boxes to sit my enclosures on but I’m afraid of using my circular saw...just know I’ll lose at least one finger if I try. If the bags don’t work well, guess maybe I’ll have to invest in a table saw and make the boxes.

I was orginally going to make a planter box for my enclosure to sit on as well, I found some 24 x 24 planters on The Home Depot's website, so I'm going to try one of those first. They are a bit pricey, but pretty. If it works it will save me time and be pleasing to the eye.

It also helped my husband because he ordered the planter as a surprise (I was on the fence about purchasing it) and had my kids help pick it out. He was able to kill two birds with one stone, a great Mother's Day gift and not having to help make the planter. ?

I will be interested to hear your experience with the bag. I hope that it is better than what mine has been. I love bioactive, it's just that bag, ugh.

I was orginally going to make a planter box for my enclosure to sit on as well, I found some 24 x 24 planters on The Home Depot's website, so I'm going to try one of those first. They are a bit pricey, but pretty. If it works it will save me time and be pleasing to the eye.

It also helped my husband because he ordered the planter as a surprise (I was on the fence about purchasing it) and had my kids help pick it out. He was able to kill two birds with one stone, a great Mother's Day gift and not having to help make the planter. ?

I will be interested to hear your experience with the bag. I hope that it is better than what mine has been. I love bioactive, it's just that bag, ugh.
Oh wow! Gotta go check out Home Depot now. Always like to have a solid back up plan. Better than losing a finger. ?

Hey there, Im interested in buying my own instead of building one too but all I could find on home depot for 24 x 24 was an option for $400! Could you please post a link for the one you have?

Hey there, Im interested in buying my own instead of building one too but all I could find on home depot for 24 x 24 was an option for $400! Could you please post a link for the one you have?

Unfortunately, it arrived in terrible condition. The wood was warped.
There were gaps in each section that would be time consuming to fix and the size was not 24 × 24, as advertised. We returned it.

Back
Top Bottom