More Babies = New Enclosure Ideas

redsfandrew

I wanted to see if I could create a "low cost" hatch-ling enclosure. So far its coming along nicely. I used 30x36 corrugated plastic and constructed this masterpiece..... lol. But really, I think it will get the job done. I am planning on going with a thin acrylic front ,on hinges. Drawback being I will be opening up all four cages at once, so placement of the vines and climbing branches will be critical. I put in a slope to accommodate for drainage. I will fasten a funnel under the drip zone and cut out a section to allow drainage. Let me know what you guys think so far. I will post pics of it finished soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1440.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 149
That's funny, I've had ideas bouncing around my head for weeks on how I can make some cages from coroplast. I'm interested in seeing how you finish these off.

You can actually cut coroplast in such a way to form boxes and what not by only cutting through one side. Look it up on YouTube. It started me thinking about it. There is a special tool they use and they have vids of it. It's called the Coro Claw.

I love coroplast! It's bright & lightweight, sturdy, easy to clean and thin enough that my earth magnets can hold it and a feeding cup in place. I have coroplast between all of my screen enclosures to block the chameleons from seeing one another. I am also using it to divide small size Zilla screen enclosures so I can keep two Meru baby in each. It works great! I love it!

I tried coroplast to cover 3 sides of my screen cages. I worked fairly well. My problem was getting it completely flat against the sides. With out that problem I think it will work great. You might try individual screens that lift but from the front. Not sure if it would work or not. Great cages you have going and perfect for keeping humidity in for the babies.

Back
Top Bottom