Mopey dark chameleon - is she ok???

When her light came on this morning she was in her lay bin, now she has climbed out and is between the lay bin and the side of her cage on the bottom. Because her eyes are sunken do you think it would be worth popping her in a shower with a plant? Or will that stress her out further?
I am not a veterinarian, but this would cause me to call one immediately/ASAP. I would take as good pics as possible, and offer to email them to the vet.

JMO

Yeah she looks gravid but I don’t know a lot about females. Just make sure you give her a laying bin and keep an eye on her.

Thanks for everyone's help, we have given her privacy/been out of the house so no noise. We have waited for her to move to the top branches before hand feeding her the liquid food. Today's liquid food amount was a lot more than yesterday so I am hoping she will bring to feel a little better tomorrow when this has kicked in. Since her last feeding an hour or so ago she has left her higher branches and I presume gone to her lay bin. I heard a hiss/sigh so I am praying that it's happening... There is a blanket over the front so I can't actually see anything .

The vibe I got from the vet was that he doesn't think she was egg bound, he thinks it might be something else. If this wasn't Easter, we would have had the tests by now 😧

Update: I don't think she is going to make it to be honest. She spent the night in her lay bin which will be a lot colder than the rest of her cage because it's damp. I don't think she did it by choice, I think she is too exhausted to climb. I have a heat mat from our leopard gecko that I can put under her to warm her up? Will this make her feel better?

We have called the vet but because it's Easter weekend the exotic vet is not in. They said we can bring her in and see what they can do BUT I honestly think that will stress her out further because it's an hour and a half drive away.

I think we just need to make her comfortable? 😟

We have made her a little platform closer to the heat lamp and surrounded it with leaves so hopefully she can warm up. We have given her the liquid food as the vet said to carry on and we gave her a tiny bit of water via syringe to help her.

Back
Top Bottom