Moonsoon

bandi

Has anyone got any experience on the exoterra misting system? It seems to be the simplest to get around here, if it's not much worse then mistking i think I'll go for it.

I haven't used one and I don't know anyone who has. It is still pretty new. I saw one in the box at the local reptile shop... it seems pretty.. um.. cheap... Tiny 4 litre holding tank, weird two knob timer. It seemed as though all you can do is set the duration of the mist session and the time between sessions. You would still need to run it on a timer or it would continue to mist all night. The whole thing in the box weighs about half of my Mistking pump. I do know that my Mistking has never failed and Marty has provided GREAT customer service not just to me.. but in every instance I have seen here on the forums. He was always there when I wanted to expand my system or needed new mist nozzles to replace ones clogged by my hard water. I would recommend Mistking as my first choice. It is hard to make educated purchases looking at pictures and reading about products on the net, without first hand knowledge. Hopefully others will add their experiences & opinions as well. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, i'll probably go for the mistking then. Anyone knows if they are only sold in the US? Probably quite some post costs to hungary from there...

Im sure that Mistking has some UK or Euro distributor. PM Marty on the forum here or email him at mistking

ive heard of the mister not pumping to well.. i personally use a 5 gal bucket and my mistking.. i love it.. have it set on a seconds timmer.. it sprays 8 times a day.. 20-30 each time.. make sure your misters hit your plants very well... get that humidty up.. keep them watered..good luck.. oh mist king sets up really easy.. my 5yr old helped do all of mine..

Hey Jim, just my two cents...misting at night is not necessarily a bad thing. Keep in mind additional humidity is a big plus. Water vapor is inhaled and also serves to hydrate the chameleon without actual drinking taking place. Increased humidity and night fogging/misting is a major factor in my acclimating and rehydrating WC chameleons.

For those FL and HI keepers, I could see your reasons for not needing mist at night...not all of us are as fortunate to have ambient humidity above 70%.

Last edited:
Hey Chad! Yea, misting at night might not be so bad... I myself don't do it. I do however run an ultrasonic room humidifier 24/7. The humidity in my cham room seems to stabilize after lights out and dosn't seem to need the boost that misting would provide. Humidity at night IS a very important factor in cham comfort & health.

The Monsoon system's timer is built in, and very simple to use. However, the quality is still not the same as MistKing. It is good, but of course MistKing is better - especially the nozzles, the warranty, options, etc. The Monsoon is a solid unit for the price if you are looking for an inexpensive option for misting.

BTW - MistKings will be available at LLLReptile starting next Monday - INCLUDINGthe European version and all accessories! We DO ship worldwide as well. This is the best mister on the market, and we are proud to be bringing this unit on board. We will be having an introductory sale next week as well!

Scott
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com

The Monsoon system's timer is built in, and very simple to use. However, the quality is still not the same as MistKing. It is good, but of course MistKing is better - especially the nozzles, the warranty, options, etc. The Monsoon is a solid unit for the price if you are looking for an inexpensive option for misting.

BTW - MistKings will be available at LLLReptile starting next Monday - INCLUDINGthe European version and all accessories! We DO ship worldwide as well. This is the best mister on the market, and we are proud to be bringing this unit on board. We will be having an introductory sale next week as well!

Scott
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com

Nice since I order most of my supplies from you. Woot

Back
Top Bottom