Moody

Totally normal. Chameleons change color for a number of reasons, including feeling threatened. How long have you had him?

My panther was quite frightened of me around that age, but he got more tolerant with time. Make sure you're patient and don't force him to be handled. Just work on hand feeding and gaining trust.

Totally normal. Chameleons change color for a number of reasons, including feeling threatened. How long have you had him?

My panther was quite frightened of me around that age, but he got more tolerant with time. Make sure you're patient and don't force him to be handled. Just work on hand feeding and gaining trust.
Had him for a couple weeks now i dont try to handle him yet but i noticed when i fill the dripper water he gets annoyed and gets blacks spots . Im a new chameleon owner and im building the trust between us and he seems to be comfortable in hes new home but still gets a little scared when i get close to him ..

Patience is key, but prepare yourself as he may never come around. Some chams are just more friendly, while others will maintain a natural aggressive stance. A good start is to hand feed, so he'll associate your hand with food.

Another thing to consider is that many animals prey on chams in the wild so bigger things (like us, dogs, children, etc) will appear as a threat until trust or conditioning with hand feeders occurs.

Had him for a couple weeks now i dont try to handle him yet but i noticed when i fill the dripper water he gets annoyed and gets blacks spots . Im a new chameleon owner and im building the trust between us and he seems to be comfortable in hes new home but still gets a little scared when i get close to him ..
It'll take some time. My panther from my profile picture used to rotate away from me on his branch even at the sight of me in the room, but after getting him to handfeed and moving him in to his larger, adult cage he's mellowed out quite a bit. My guy doesn't come on to my hand, but he's pretty easy to scoop up if I need to take him out, and he's just a bit nervous otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom