Monty is a JERK!

SaintJimmy

Avid Member
A while ago it used to be that when I hold out my hand, he comes running 'cause he knows there's food in it.

Recently I don't know why, (maybe someone who feeds him when I'm gone traumatized him?) he hisses, gapes, runs away, etc when I try to feed him.

He just will NOT settle down. I think he might be going through the cham puberty though, he has been SUPER active and looking for females so it might just be that.

I thought he was a jerk before.. Offered him his favorite fruit and all I got was "hhhhhhhssssssss" and a mean face.

Anyone else got a jerk cham?

Here's mine..
GVZjNLal.jpg

This is the most interaction with "me" he's had in a while. He won't touch me but if I open the door he sits on it. I need a fake ficus for him

Last edited:
I know its not funny........but it is :p lol I have the opposite issue with my panther boys - they come falling out of the cages when I open the door, 1/2 falling on the floor, knocking the feeders out of my hand as I am trying to catch them so they do not fall - so they are kinda jerks too :rolleyes: but I guess I would rather have a friendly jerk, then a hissed off one :cool: :p

I know its not funny........but it is :p lol I have the opposite issue with my panther boys - they come falling out of the cages when I open the door, 1/2 falling on the floor, knocking the feeders out of my hand as I am trying to catch them so they do not fall - so they are kinda jerks too :rolleyes: but I guess I would rather have a friendly jerk, then a hissed off one :cool: :p

I would kill to have a cham like that ;)

Rebel is a jerk too but I am crazy about him. I like his personality. I still jump and pull my hand back when he acts like hes gonna bite me lol

My little Firnen has been exhibiting the same behavior recently: no hand feeding, skittish, stronger desire to get out of the cage, and he's fired up more often. This is definitely cham puberty :)

oh, I have both kinds- lol stick your hand in Olive's cage on a bad day and you will withdraw a bloody stump :eek:

Speaking of blood, today Monty bit me! He loves mango so I cut him a slice of MY mango, and usually he is confused at the mango. He will usually look as if he is going to shoot at it, then lunge with his tongue while also hissing. He doesn't know whether to be pissed or hungry for the mango lol.

Today he just bit me 'cause he didn't want any dessert apparently, and it bled a little because he wouldn't let go of my hand.

My little Firnen has been exhibiting the same behavior recently: no hand feeding, skittish, stronger desire to get out of the cage, and he's fired up more often. This is definitely cham puberty :)

Ay ay ay, I wish it would be over. I hear they mellow out with age.

jealous

Ummmm. you did just bring home another cham (rescued jax). How else should he react? He already was sharing time with beardie. i have to agree with Monty, you did this to yourself mister. it is called 'separation anxiety' & your cham has it.

bite

Didn't see the bite comment before i posted, bite the ungrateful %/#-#+ back!!!!! or better yet, start charging him rent.

My cham will hide, act weird, angry, or scared If I wear bright / red / orange shirt colors...
he also does this when I show up very fast in my room...
and also when he is too warm.. (like say when I take him outside for natural sunlight)
I have learned how to predict his behavior, and I just try to avoid or be careful and patient in all those situations...

I noticed this with my two male Panthers as they reached maturity. When they were younger it would be easy to reach in and have them climb up on my hand to come out but as they matured, their cage become their territory and they will only come out on their terms. I now have to lure them out with food or by placing a plant outside the cage for them to crawl out onto. Once they are out of their cage they are much more clam and cool but I will no longer give them my hand to climb onto inside their cages or they will bite me.

A while ago it used to be that when I hold out my hand, he comes running 'cause he knows there's food in it.

Recently I don't know why, (maybe someone who feeds him when I'm gone traumatized him?) he hisses, gapes, runs away, etc when I try to feed him.

He just will NOT settle down. I think he might be going through the cham puberty though, he has been SUPER active and looking for females so it might just be that.

I thought he was a jerk before.. Offered him his favorite fruit and all I got was "hhhhhhhssssssss" and a mean face.

Anyone else got a jerk cham?

Here's mine..
GVZjNLal.jpg

This is the most interaction with "me" he's had in a while. He won't touch me but if I open the door he sits on it. I need a fake ficus for him

I love this picture- it's kind of like "I'm going to act like I hate you, but I kinda want to be with you too." I love my little sweet boy Zeke but I miss my old feisty panther- jerk chams are definitely entertaining!

I love this picture- it's kind of like "I'm going to act like I hate you, but I kinda want to be with you too." I love my little sweet boy Zeke but I miss my old feisty panther- jerk chams are definitely entertaining!

Ahaha here's another from today. He just hangs out on the door.

VcINpC5l.jpg

bwKp0uAl.jpg

My female veild also does not like to be touched whatsoever and will bite, hiss, and run from someone. The only way to hold her and I have no idea why this works but if you put a sock on your hand then handle her she doesnt like it, but will tolerate being held. Bare hand is an absolute no go! Try a sock haha.

Back
Top Bottom