Monsoon suction cups

timber64

I'm assembling a new enclosure using the Dragon Strand Tall Hybrid - the one with PVC walls. I'm trying to install a Monsoon Solo misting system where the nozzles have suction cups to attach to the walls (see pics). I have additional suction cups for the tubing down the back of the cage, none of which want to take hold to the PVC walls. And I know the best answer is "upgrade to Mistking", but I already have the Monsoon and so it was the one item I couldn't justify the extra cost for just yet on this enclosure. Eventually, I'll upgrade, but for now Monsoon it is.

So does anyone have a suggestion on how to get these dang suction cups to stick or an alternative? And I'm not really wanting to start drilling holes in the walls or anything like that since ultimately this will get replaced one day with Mistking (Christmas present perhaps?!!).

Thoughts?? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 119
I think your only real option is going to be pulling the piece back out have the nozzle slide through with the suction cup on top of the outside of the wedge and screen. You will not be able to get them to stay on the pvc unless you use some sort of glue which then you will have issues removing from the pvc later.

I'm assembling a new enclosure using the Dragon Strand Tall Hybrid - the one with PVC walls. I'm trying to install a Monsoon Solo misting system where the nozzles have suction cups to attach to the walls (see pics). I have additional suction cups for the tubing down the back of the cage, none of which want to take hold to the PVC walls. And I know the best answer is "upgrade to Mistking", but I already have the Monsoon and so it was the one item I couldn't justify the extra cost for just yet on this enclosure. Eventually, I'll upgrade, but for now Monsoon it is.

So does anyone have a suggestion on how to get these dang suction cups to stick or an alternative? And I'm not really wanting to start drilling holes in the walls or anything like that since ultimately this will get replaced one day with Mistking (Christmas present perhaps?!!).

Thoughts?? TIA
Good luck. I had the monsoon mister and it didn't last. I was in the same boat where I couldn't really afford the mistking at the moment but when you're in this hobby money must not be an issue I have learned.

Thoughts?? TIA
Good luck with the monsoon. I had it and didn't last much. So HOPEFULLY it'll last you that long

You COULD glue a small strong magnet to the inside of the suction cup . Put another on the outsidea to hold it in place.
They are cheap enough anymore on the internet.
Biggest concern would be the magnet rusting, staining the pvc and releasing heavy metals into the enclosure

Magnet could be dipped into flex seal first , or put the flea eal on after the magnet is glued into place in the suction cup?

End of the day, those suction cups aren't worth a crap. None of them are, unless you can find some made out of silicone or something similar.

You COULD glue a small strong magnet to the inside of the suction cup . Put another on the outsidea to hold it in place.
They are cheap enough anymore on the internet.
Biggest concern would be the magnet rusting, staining the pvc and releasing heavy metals into the enclosure

Magnet could be dipped into flex seal first , or put the flea eal on after the magnet is glued into place in the suction cup?

End of the day, those suction cups aren't worth a crap. None of them are, unless you can find some made out of silicone or something similar.
It would have to be an extremely strong magnet. I have these enclosures and my magnets for my feeding cups would not even grab through the PVC with me holding on to them.

Are they Nick''s feeding cups?
Yeah I had to get the new mounts that he has for solid sides. I had also bought some really strong magnets from the hardware store for another feeder run I modified and that would only work on the acrylic door rather then the PVC.

Thanks everyone for the various ideas!! That's what I love about this forum....I literally stopped my build today to post this, anticipating I might have a response by the time I was done with everything and low and behold LOTS of great ideas arrive!!

The magnet idea is definitely interesting and I'm already doing just that with a Full Throttle feeder cup. As @Tige21v was stating, it's difficult to get the super strong magnets to work through the PVC walls, however, I got some on Amazon that have 3M stickers included and was able to stack 2 of those magnets onto the wall via 3M tape and then the feeder seems to hang onto those magnet fairly well. If all else fails, I'm prepared to hang it by hook from the Dragon Ledge. But I digress.

The idea @Beman posted, of pulling the tube all the way out and keeping the suction cup outside the cage was actually just about the right solution. However, Monsoon misting heads have the suction cup attached at the bend of the head, so you can't really do as suggested. However, once I got my plants and branches installed, I realized the misting heads needed to be much higher anyway and so the solution was as simple as pulling the flex tubing out as far as I could until just the hard misting head is touching the mounting bracket. Problem solved!! It is positioned perfectly, allows me to swivel as needed and no sightly suction cups!! What is it they say?...sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3539.jpg
    IMG_3539.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 102
Back
Top Bottom