Monsoon or Super Rain

Sleaper88

Unfortunately i am unable to get hold of a mistking!!!! So its out of an Exo Terra Monsoon or a Super rain?? Can anybody shed some light on these for me please. Thanks :)

I wouldn't use it without buying a digital timer of your own. Set it for the times you want it on. Then put the monsoon second timer where you want it, which has a max of 120secs. Mine worked good for about 2 months, now it only turns On for about 5 to 8secs even though its set for 120. I'm currently trying to get a hold of them, with no success. I've called the number On the website, it won't connect me to anyone, also emailed them with no reply as of yet. So, you get what you pay for I guess. It could work great for you, but I wouldn't put it On my chams without having it On a digital timer for safety. Hope that helps.

What about aqua zap I think their called? An why arnt you able to get a mistking? I wouldn't get a monsoon I've heard nothing but bad reviews on them an pretty much everything exo terra

I didn't think you can get the mistkings in England yet???

Hmm... I think ? Mist King will ship to UK.

Monsoons do not hiold up well at all. I know, I have one and I am on my second. The electronics are gone in it and it is only now manual on/ off operation
At lest they were good about replacing the first one.:confused:

But it has a tiny cheap motor/ pump unit and the eletronics go out fairly fast.:mad:

I would say: DO NOT do monsoon, they ALL DO live up to their reviews.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure it's a 16mm hole Without looking, I just put mine threw a mesh top so didn't need to drill. There not to expensive either and well worth the money

Yeah I had a look, they are £140 so that's only bout £40 more, I thought it was 16mm, gonna drill the hole tonight ready for when I get it after Xmas!! Can't wait!!!

Is the Viv in use? If it is I wouldn't drill the hole else feeders may escape out of there and make sure you set up a good drainage point for the excess water to go to else it will flood the Viv out

Is the Viv in use? If it is I wouldn't drill the hole else feeders may escape out of there and make sure you set up a good drainage point for the excess water to go to else it will flood the Viv out

It's a viv iv made, he will be in it by the end of the week so I will drill the holes nd put mesh over it so they can't get out. I'm now bout to drill the hole in the bottom for drainage, does the mist king come with some sort of reservoir??

Mistking is well worth saving for. Monsoon is a hit or a miss as to whether it works. Lucky reptile super rain expensive crap IMO

Also I have wooden viv with reptile carpet on bottom. Mistking goes off one and a half mins four times a day. I have positioned two large plants in self watering pots to catch the drips. Carpet stays dry.

Until recently, I would have said the Monsoon was a great investment. However, I came home to a flood in the bottom of the enclosure. It would go on through a cycle, and after it finished... it would just start another one. I loved the way it worked for about 2 months. Mistking is on the way. Aqua Zamp is also highly rated and a member on the forums. I'm sure any questions you have could be answered if you contact them.

Back
Top Bottom