Monsoon misting system

Paulycham

Just got my misting system on friday, going to set it up tomorrow. Was wondering if i should put the spray nozzles inside the cage on the top corners or on top of cage spraying through the screen? If i put it inside would it scare my cham every time it goes on? Thank you for your help....

Attachments

• 20151108_181725.jpg
    20151108_181725.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 130
Highly recommend you return this asap before even setting up. They have a horrific reputation for breaking down fairly often. I would suggest looking into a Mistking instead.

You can purchase them at LLLreptile.com or possibly at a local reptile store. It will cost you a little more but it's worth every penny.

look here they are selling them $109 shipped. I think LLLreptile are sold out of the starter sets right now.

http://www.neherpetoculture.com/mistingmistking

If you do have to keep the monsoon (which I hope you don't) I would definitely put it inside on the top spraying from the corners. Sure they will cower in fear and disdain but they would do that if you put it on top of the screen. Most chams don't like to get wet at least that's been my experience. But just like children they despise what's good for them. :D

Last edited:
The updated Monsoons are just fine, make sure to use purified water.. The timer can be tricky to figure out as well..

Though it has horrible reviews, I've never had any problems with mine. I have the nozzles set up on the top of the cage, inside. My Cham still runs when it goes off but she tolerates it now.

Though it has horrible reviews, I've never had any problems with mine. I have the nozzles set up on the top of the cage, inside. My Cham still runs when it goes off but she tolerates it now.

Ok, thanks. I've read alot about people having problems with them and its because they didn't use filtered water. Thanks for all your help.

Ok, thanks. I've read alot about people having problems with them and its because they didn't use filtered water. Thanks for all your help.

For the record...I bought one in July. Was using distilled water and it broke down after 2 weeks. So if it's been "updated" since July then maybe that's a fix.

will the MistKing top screen wedges work with a Monsoon RS400?

does anybody know if the MistKing Top Screen Wedges (sold by LLL Reptile and Josh's Frogs) will work with the Monsoon RS400 nozzles? I just got me a Monsoon the other day for a heck of a deal on Ebay. one of the newer and improved models that don't have the issue with water getting into the control unit, and the timer is more improved. got it for $64.00, shipped, brand new. figured I'd try it out. really wanted the MistKing but the Monsoon just looks so much nicer. if MistKing put even a LITTLE effort into trying to make the setup LOOK nicer...... maybe one day, if my Monsoon ever breaks down perhaps?

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-nozzle-screen-top-wedge.html

those are the wedges I'm wanting to buy. but im not sure if they will work with the Monsoon, as they are made for MistKing setups. I emailed one of the dudes at Josh's Frogs and asked, but he said they use the Mistking setups there, so they wouldn't be able to tell me or not.

has anyone tried it? and if not, what is a good way to hold the nozzles in place once I put them thru the screen? (its an all screen cage.... FYI.) I haven't hooked it all up yet or even messed with it really. not 100% sure if the nozzles come apart like the MistKing Nozzles do either?

thanks for any input. sorry if this answer is here somewhere in these forums. been reading stuff here for a while now but only recently became a member. and don't believe I have came across the answer to my question before...

For the record...I bought one in July. Was using distilled water and it broke down after 2 weeks. So if it's been "updated" since July then maybe that's a fix.

I hope yours was just a faulty unit, and it's not all of them with the issue..... ppl saying stuff like that, makes me leary of having mine break down too once I get it all setup and running.... I've read a lot of bad reviews myself - I just saw that this one I got was "new and improved" or at least that's what the seller told me and the box it comes in says that as well..... so I'm crossing my fingers like crazy that it doesn't decide to mess up for me..... :-(

if so, then I guess we live and we learn, and I will move onto the MistKing system. don't know unless I try though right? **crosses fingers**

will the MistKing top screen wedges work with a Monsoon RS400?

does anybody know if the MistKing Top Screen Wedges (sold by LLL Reptile and Josh's Frogs) will work with the Monsoon RS400 nozzles? I just got me a Monsoon the other day for a heck of a deal on Ebay. one of the newer and improved models that don't have the issue with water getting into the control unit, and the timer is more improved. got it for $64.00, shipped, brand new. figured I'd try it out. really wanted the MistKing but the Monsoon just looks so much nicer. if MistKing put even a LITTLE effort into trying to make the setup LOOK nicer...... maybe one day, if my Monsoon ever breaks down perhaps?

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-nozzle-screen-top-wedge.html

those are the wedges I'm wanting to buy. but im not sure if they will work with the Monsoon, as they are made for MistKing setups. I emailed one of the dudes at Josh's Frogs and asked, but he said they use the Mistking setups there, so they wouldn't be able to tell me or not.

has anyone tried it? and if not, what is a good way to hold the nozzles in place once I put them thru the screen? (its an all screen cage.... FYI.) I haven't hooked it all up yet or even messed with it really. not 100% sure if the nozzles come apart like the MistKing Nozzles do either?

thanks for any input. sorry if this answer is here somewhere in these forums. been reading stuff here for a while now but only recently became a member. and don't believe I have came across the answer to my question before...

I would say no because they don't have the removable bulkhead design like the Mistking. I wish you luck with your Monsoon :)

I would say no because they don't have the removable bulkhead design like the Mistking. I wish you luck with your Monsoon :)

thanks. once I get it all set up, I will keep track of how long it takes to mess up and post updates and the such. was trying to find a Raindome as well, but I guess those really sucked because AquaZamp went out of business.....

thanks. once I get it all set up, I will keep track of how long it takes to mess up and post updates and the such. was trying to find a Raindome as well, but I guess those really sucked because AquaZamp went out of business.....

Mistking now sells a random setup as well. You an even add just that to your monsoon system if you want.

Back
Top Bottom