Monsoon misting nozzle problems

Tyzoone

Hey guys, i know i know i shoulda went with the mistking..... But i ended up with a monsoon and am finding that the nozzles get clogged or something on a regular bases and instead of a gentle misting my little panther gets a firehose to the face... Has anyone else had these problems? Ive gone through all my replacement nozzles and all of them get clogged quickly. Anyone have a fix? I worry about jabbing needles and things into them to unclog them...

Thanks!

Try soaking them in vinegar, and then rinsing them really well. Do you have hard water? Maybe buy a filter to help remove any calcium or lime in the tap water.

I worry about jabbing needles and things into them to unclog them...

Thanks!

If you jab a needle in them, it screws up the orifice which might cause a jet instead of a mist. For water deposits, soaking them in lime away or CLR might be your best bet.

If it is debris in it, the best way to unclog it is to improvise a fitting out of rubber hose and hose clamps so that you can install the nozzle backwards. Then fire up the mist pump and it should blow out of there.

If you are getting clogs from debris, you can install a fuel filter at the bottom end of your fill tube.

Thanks for the advice guys,

Sounds great I will give the cleaning of them a try, i may have hard water though.... Do you guys recommend using any of the water purifying liquids out there where you just add a few drops to the tank? To distill it don't i just let it sit out over night or boil it?

Say i was an idiot and already tried using a needle to unclog a few of them, can i buy these same tips at my local hardware store or do i have to go back to the manufacturer?

Back
Top Bottom