Monday is for massive Casques!

ElliotG

Chameleon Enthusiast
I love massive casques on veiled chameleons, so Please feel free to post your veileds with their casques! Feel like it would be a great way to start this Monday morning! Can be any chameleon with a large casque!

D1EE2922-44BE-498E-9AF1-6854FBDB1539.jpeg

Here’s one of my veileds, he still growing, but I’m excited to see if his casque will continue growing or not.

I love massive casques on veiled chameleons, so Please feel free to post your veileds with their casques! Feel like it would be a great way to start this Monday morning! Can be any chameleon with a large casque!

View attachment 311579
Here’s one of my veileds, he still growing, but I’m excited to see if his casque will continue growing or not.
He's so pretty! Idk if mine is technically big yet. But I can't wait to see it when he's older.

Attachments

• 20210913_180710.jpg
    20210913_180710.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210913_180729.jpg
    20210913_180729.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 60
What is this amazing looking creature? Seems I may have recently seen something about them but was mostly listening rather than watching (& not listening very well at that).

Yea they are basilisk, which is a more flightly/bity water dragon. In the wild they get huge sails, but if its just under normal T8 10.0 or a T5HO 6%, they are just kinda blah, and dont get the bright emerald skin.

green-basilisk-2-frankie-bradshaw.jpg

What uvb percentage would a basilisk need to achieve the sails? Would it be an arcadia 12% or just multiple bulbs?

What uvb percentage would a basilisk need to achieve the sails? Would it be an arcadia 12% or just multiple bulbs?
The basilisk experts still havent figured that one out. They have achieved the deep green that the wild ones have, by installing both a T5HO ( i assume 12%) on one side of the tank, and a metal halide UVB on the other side of the tank. Just one type wasnt doing it. But even with that combo, the sails are only growing at half the rate of the wild ones. But the sails do not stop growing, like with just a T5HO.

It may be unachievable, and someing like 10.0 UVI for 1 continuous hour is required.

Back
Top Bottom