Mmmmm calcium

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
IMG_20200626_150202.jpg

IMG_20200629_101500.jpg

IMG_20200629_101554.jpg

IMG_20200629_101612.jpg

The first picture is soo cute!! He looks like he is suspicious!

Why did you crack the egg instead of just letting him eat it whole?

Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

First photo reminds me of the velociraptors (sp) on Jurrasic Park!
It's amazing!

I used to save all my eggshells from cooked eggs and crush them with a mortar and pestle to use for the turtles/tortoises I had.

The first picture is soo cute!! He looks like he is suspicious!

Why did you crack the egg instead of just letting him eat it whole?

Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

He cant swallow a hole egg. So i have two choices:

If i let him crack his own egg open, he will just pick it up and drop i few times, then drink out the center. But he wont eat the shell because its too hard to crush.
If i crack the egg myself, then i can beat up the whole shell. The result is he will eat the squishy shell.

A good tegu treat is quail eggs, since they can eat them whole, but they are $$$.

First photo reminds me of the velociraptors (sp) on Jurrasic Park!
It's amazing!

I used to save all my eggshells from cooked eggs and crush them with a mortar and pestle to use for the turtles/tortoises I had.

Yea when jurassic world 2 came out, everyone during the baby raptor training scenes was like "look they all have lola heads".

If i let him crack his own egg open, he will just pick it up and drop i few times, then drink out the center. But he wont eat the shell because its too hard to crush.
If i crack the egg myself, then i can beat up the whole shell. The result is he will eat the squishy shell.

A good tegu treat is quail eggs, since they can eat them whole, but they are $$$.
Time for a pet quail?

That is so interesting!
I have quail making nests and raising families in the bushes in my yard...I often find quail eggs while Im out there.

What is the personality of your tegu like?

"an old dog"

Kinda just lays in the spot he likes. He will tolerate petting and being picked up and carried, at worst he makes huffing noses to alert you he is annoyed, yet not annoyed enough to make the effort to move. Hes never done an agressive bite or response, and never tail wipped. Ive got bit a few times feeding, but thats just because i thought he would feed like a beardy, he dont... You hand feed him a dubia even when he was 3lbs, and he eats the dubia, and your fingers, and the confusion starts. Doesnt mawl, but the gears are turning on how to get rid of the fingers and keep the bug.

Surprisingly he has a very soft bite. He cant even chop a banana in half.

"an old dog"

Kinda just lays in the spot he likes. He will tolerate petting and being picked up and carried, at worst he makes huffing noses to alert you he is annoyed, yet not annoyed enough to make the effort to move. Hes never done an agressive bite or response, and never tail wipped. Ive got bit a few times feeding, but thats just because i thought he would feed like a beardy, he dont... You hand feed him a dubia even when he was 3lbs, and he eats the dubia, and your fingers, and the confusion starts. Doesnt mawl, but the gears are turning on how to get rid of the fingers and keep the bug.

Surprisingly he has a very soft bite. He cant even chop a banana in half.
Aww, sounds like the sweetest little dude ever.

You're actually keeping one of those monsters
LeadingDelectableBrownbear-max-1mb.gif

Were I 40 years younger... :rolleyes:

I hope their ? doesn't smell as bad as a beardie's! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 1593700262582.png
    1593700262582.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom