mixing chams

hello i was wondering if i can put a veiled and a jacksons chameleon in the same terrarium, because i am making a homemade terrarium and i am getting a jacksons soon :)

Not just no, HELL NO! :p they will stress out at the very least. But most likely the veiled would go after the Jackson's.

Jacksons are montane. They require different temps, humidity, and watering than veileds. And to agree with everyone else, the stress from each other's presence would be very detrimental to their health causing a shortened lifespan. That is if they don't act fight and kill each other. Veileds grow much bigger than Jax so it's very possible the veiled would take the Jacksons out. Then there's those horns on the Jax. Could do some serious damage to the veiled. Bad, bad, BAD! :(

Chams for the most part are solitary animals. They can't be housed together.

hello i was wondering if i can put a veiled and a jacksons chameleon in the same terrarium, because i am making a homemade terrarium and i am getting a jacksons soon :)

You poor guy, you managed to hit a super hot button for chameleon forums. You can't do that but you can be a great part of our community. Just decide to get over this little event, after you follow all the advice. Everyone will be much nicer next time you need help.

You poor guy, you managed to hit a super hot button for chameleon forums. You can't do that but you can be a great part of our community. Just decide to get over this little event, after you follow all the advice. Everyone will be much nicer next time you need help.

Laurie is right - we are very nice people, but we also tend to be very passionate! I admit to yelling "Nooooooo!" at the screen, too :D

Don't let that put you off from being a part of the group here. I have learned so very, very much since joining a couple years back. I feel very lucky to have found CF and have made a number of friends here... granted, they are online, lizard-obsessed friends who drink too much (ahem)... but that's just my type!

Welcome to the forums and to the world of chameleons. These little guys have a way of really winding those curly tails right around your heart. <3

Edit: This may be helpful for you!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/

Last edited:

< Stops sharpening his pitchfork and puts it away along with the torch >

Back
Top Bottom