Mites?

CRYPTICCHAOS

It's hard to see but I saw two of these crawling on my chameleon, they are small and brown. Are these harmless or something I should worry about :/

Attachments

• 20220810_145707.jpg
    20220810_145707.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 34
Based off that crystal clear photo I can conclude that it is either a mite or five million other things.

Anyway, it’s probably harmless whatever it is, but you’ll need better pictures if you want us to be of any help. Maybe google some things and see if you can find something similar to it.

Unfortunately that's as clear as it could get. It's so small the camera couldn't focus. I did Google before hand and found it could be wood mites, just wanted to see if anyone had any idea...

If you used real branches then it very well could be mites from the branches. I had them in my cage. They died off after a year. Then there are the tiny bugs on plants... Neither should harm the cham though.

There are mites everywhere and on everything, even in our eyelashes! Obviously some mites can be problematic, but many mites are beneficial and even symbiotic. It's more likely to be a soil or plant mite. Lots of predatory mites in the plant world that eat problematic bugs like plant pests. I'd check your cham closely if you are concerned with them, to ensure they are not latching onto your cham in numbers, but my bet is its just a predatory (good) mite.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a case of mites harming a Cham on here. It would be possible with some species, but incredibly rare as snitz said. At worst they’re a nuisance in some feeder bins because they reproduce like crazy and annoy things like snails by crawling on them lol.

Haha...I had to look up yinzer! Some American I'd make, eh?
Git ahta tahn! Gahta come ta pixburg n check aht da northshore n nat. Have a primanis samwich n catch a stiller game. Bettr be wearin dem blank n gold kellers.

Yes I’m trilingual, okay at English, bad at Spanish, and fluent at pittsburghese

Yinzer is not a word you will encounter in most of the US. I'd nominate you as an honorary American but that could be considered a step down. It definitely would be in latitude.
Lol yeah @kinyonga most of the US has no clue what we’re talking about either. I’ve been told the accent is elegant and is commonly associated with intellectuals in our country.

I had no clue why James kept calling me yinz for a while until I looked it up :Dand I’m only one state over! Its the Pittsburgh version of ya’ll!
That’s really funny actually I had no idea you didn’t know.

I haven't heard it since I went to college in Philadelphia with students from all over Pennsylvania.
Philly? That’s a long way from cali! UPenn I’m guessing🧐 people always associate Pittsburgh and philly, but they’re so different(not saying you, just fun fact…). We’re more like Cincinnati or Detroit from my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom