mistng cycles ?

del rey

Hi, I recently purchased an ambanja panther, 4mo. old. I built him a small enclosure and tried to hook him up the best I could. I recieved my mist king system and it is even better than i expected. The problem that I have run into is that the repeat cycle timer runs in up to 8 hr intervals. This would be fine if I could rig it to where it wouldn't mist Del Rey while he is sleeping. (lights on 6:30 a.m. off @ 7:00 p.m.) mister set for 15 sec. cycles @ 8 hr inervals- that means if i set it at 6 a.m. it will run again at 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. Will the 10 p.m. cycle startle and stress him? Is it bad to have him soaking all night? Does anyone have any suggestions?

They have timers that you can set for just daytime misting.
I have one from Herp Mist. I assume Mist King has something similar.

The repeat cycle timer is an encore, $8O.00. I saw the one herp mist sells and it has a photocell in it that senses light and sets it to be ready. I just didn't want to get another one if I can rig this one. I run my lights on a zilla digital timer with multiple outlets and programs. I just worry about the battery inside that powers the digital readout. If that gets weak in can fail to trigger the solenoid in the timer and this could possibly keep the mister from turning off.... ( I THINK)- Del is just so small that I don't think he could hack it. Have any of you used 2 timers?

Last edited:
Hey, glad you like the misting system. Plug your cycle timer into the same timer that controls your lights. When the lights go on, the enclosure will be misted for the first time. That's also when your 8hr cycle will start, so this way you'll have a schedule that works with your lights and is always the same.

You don't have to worry about the battery dying in your Zilla, because the pump is not plugged into it directly...even if the battery dies and doesn't turn off the cycle timer, it's not a problem. The pump will only run for the cycle you set on the cycle timer and it will go off... it will just cycle through the night, but I'm sure you'll clue in fast, since your lights will be on too :) Hope that helps

Thank you Marty, that sounds good to me. The system is really great. The pump is super quiet and everything was very easy to set up (15 min.) The timer itself is nice because I'm not limited to a 1 min. cycle, which would be too long for a baby I would think. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:
I thought that it would take long and be a little complicated because it was to be shipped through CanadaPost, but I recieved my package within 5 days. Mist king processed my order the same day. I think it was even on a Sunday.

Check out the new Value nozzles too!

http://www.mistking.com/Value-p-1-c-273.html

Collet locks included... you can use'em or if you don't like'em...don't use'em :)

collet_locks_640.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom