Mistking?

Andrew27

I was planning on getting an exo terra monsoon, but I heard mistkings are much better. I am very tempted to buy one, but there is one problem. I have no idea how to build it! I know it comes with directions, but sometimes those do not help. All I know it doesnt come with a reservoir so I will get a five gallon bucket. Is it really easy to assemble when you get it? If not , any tips or info I should know on how to build it?

buy the starter kit ( and one extra nozzle and T adapter) youll thank me later for that... and a bucket such as 5gal. I don't remember which size drill bit you need but you drill a hole in bucket on the side a bout an inch from the bottom. screw in the adapter with gasket they give you and the hoses just push into the adapters. cut it fit it. all very straight forward and many online videos including one at mistking.com I belive.. none the less many people can walk you through it and it is a very very very worth while investment I almost command you to get..

Once you get the materials in front of you, it will make sense. At that point any specific questions can be answered pretty easily. A great system, I cant imagine not having it.

They are super easy to set up. Hardest part for me was borrowing a drill and a drillbit to set up the 5gallon reservoir.

You can print the instructions from the mistking website! If you have any questions I can help. Just send me a PM. I literally just set one up about two weeks ago. I would also check out Aqua Zamp (another site sponsor). Both these products are much better than the monsoon! ;)

there are super easy to set up after you get it in front of you. my only advice would be to get the home depot orange bucket 5 bucks and works great. starter get is the way to go.

I don't have a mistking but I do have a monsoon and I love it. Comes with its own bucket, looks nice and you can set it up blindfolded. Good luck on whatever you choose.

My Mistkings have been reliable

I prefer to buy from forum sponsors since their advertising dollars are paying for the cost of the website, so we can use it for free.
In addition, I can't imagine that word would not get around quickly if a sponsor wasn't so good.

I have 2 mistking systems and they have been excellent.
Both the Mistking and Aquazamp are highly recommended by users of the forum. The Exoterra Monsoon is not, according to the posts that I've seen.

It is not at all complicated to set up a Mistking system. I didn't even drill a hole in the water bucket . Instead, I just used a piece of the black plastic hose that comes with it and stuck it down into the bucket. A tie wrap keeps it in place.
My favorite feature is the fact that the pump will not seize or burn out if I mess up and let the reservoir go empty.
I bought an extra system so I can mist the chams outdoors when the weather gets nice.
Josh's Frogs, a forum sponsor, is having a Black Friday Sale now and if you enter a code, you can get a mistking starter system for less than 100 bucks shipped.

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/misting/mistking-misting-system-parts/mistking-starter-system.html
Sale details and code:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/biggest-black-friday-sale-ever-97078/

Aquazamps, also a forum sponsor sells systems made with USA manufactured parts.
http://www.aquazamp.com/store_front/

I prefer to buy from forum sponsors since their advertising dollars are paying for the cost of the website, so we can use it for free.
In addition, I can't imagine that word would not get around quickly if a sponsor wasn't so good.

I have 2 mistking systems and they have been excellent.
Both the Mistking and Aquazamp are highly recommended by users of the forum. The Exoterra Monsoon is not, according to the posts that I've seen.

It is not at all complicated to set up a Mistking system. I didn't even drill a hole in the water bucket . Instead, I just used a piece of the black plastic hose that comes with it and stuck it down into the bucket. A tie wrap keeps it in place.
My favorite feature is the fact that the pump will not seize or burn out if I mess up and let the reservoir go empty.
I bought an extra system so I can mist the chams outdoors when the weather gets nice.
Josh's Frogs, a forum sponsor, is having a Black Friday Sale now and if you enter a code, you can get a mistking starter system for less than 100 bucks shipped.

http://www.joshsfrogs.com/misting/mistking-misting-system-parts/mistking-starter-system.html
Sale details and code:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/biggest-black-friday-sale-ever-97078/

Aquazamps, also a forum sponsor sells systems made with USA manufactured parts.
http://www.aquazamp.com/store_front/

Site sponsors don't necessary mean a superior product or customer service for that matter. Just saying...

I was planning on getting an exo terra monsoon, but I heard mistkings are much better. I am very tempted to buy one, but there is one problem. I have no idea how to build it! I know it comes with directions, but sometimes those do not help. All I know it doesnt come with a reservoir so I will get a five gallon bucket. Is it really easy to assemble when you get it? If not , any tips or info I should know on how to build it?

If you are concerned about needing extra pieces and assembly, I recommend the AquaZamp. You can choose the kits with a reservoir and timer. The reservoir is 4 gallons, NSF certified (food grade plastic), and come pre-drilled with plastic bolts to attach it.

Here's a video of assembly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZN2SuIruo&sns=em

AquaZamp is also running an after Thanksgiving sale in the sponsor forum.

Site sponsors don't necessary mean a superior product or customer service for that matter. Just saying...

At AquaZamp it does and it isn't just because I am a site sponsor. I created AquaZamp because I had tried all of the products available and saw short comings. The main thing I wanted to address was quality of product. Next was to focus on a product that is food grade. Another factor was to make it out of components made in the USA.

AquaZamp is:

• Made in the USA
  • Uses NSF certified components (food grade)
  • Pump has two year factory warranty (Have never used it)
  • Pressure rated fittings and tubing
  • Dual sealing O-rings in fittings
  • Superior customer service

There is a sale going on this weekend. https://www.chameleonforums.com/aquazamp-black-friday-sale-97383/

At AquaZamp it does and it isn't just because I am a site sponsor. I created AquaZamp because I had tried all of the products available and saw short comings. The main thing I wanted to address was quality of product. Next was to focus on a product that is food grade. Another factor was to make it out of components made in the USA.

AquaZamp is:

• Made in the USA
  • Uses NSF certified components (food grade)
  • Pump has two year factory warranty (Have never used it)
  • Pressure rated fittings and tubing
  • Dual sealing O-rings in fittings
  • Superior customer service

There is a sale going on this weekend. https://www.chameleonforums.com/aquazamp-black-friday-sale-97383/

Good for AquaZamp! I know of other companies who advertise up the yin yang but the minute you have a problem they are no where to be found.

Good for AquaZamp! I know of other companies who advertise up the yin yang but the minute you have a problem they are no where to be found.

Aquazamp man is always here to the rescue when Chameleons are going thirsty. I always get fast responses from him.

I just ordered 10 or so raindomes from him!

Well VanessaS, where exactly in my post did I say that it would?

I did say:
"I prefer to buy from forum sponsors since their advertising dollars are paying for the cost of the website, so we can use it for free.
In addition, I can't imagine that word would not get around quickly if a sponsor wasn't so good."

My best guess is that it takes a fair chunk of money to maintain the chameleonforums.
If a product I need/want is available from a sponsor of the forums, I'd prefer to spend the money with a sponsor.
If others enjoy these forums, it might not be a bad idea for them to look into whether or not the sponsors have products they need.
Purchasing from the sponsors indirectly helps to support the forums.
Sure some are better than others.
By and large, my experiences with a number of forum sponsors has been positive.

Kudos to you Summoner12 for your system components being US made. I haven't tried your Aquazamp system but have read good things about it.

Last edited:
Well VanessaS, where exactly in my post did I say that it would?

I did say:
"I prefer to buy from forum sponsors since their advertising dollars are paying for the cost of the website, so we can use it for free.
In addition, I can't imagine that word would not get around quickly if a sponsor wasn't so good."

My best guess is that it takes a fair chunk of money to maintain the chameleonforums.
If a product I need/want is available from a sponsor of the forums, I'd prefer to spend the money with a sponsor.
If others enjoy these forums, it might not be a bad idea for them to look into whether or not the sponsors have products they need.
Purchasing from the sponsors indirectly helps to support the forums.
Sure some are better than others.
By and large, my experiences with a number of forum sponsors has been positive.

Kudos to you Summoner12 for your system components being US made. I haven't tried your Aquazamp system but have read good things about it.

Let me know when you'd like to get one, I will do my best to make it worth your while.

:)

Back
Top Bottom