Mistking

Malepanther123

Hello,
I have the starter kit an says can run up to 10 nozzles. But wanted to run 5 at about 12 an half feet. 4 chameleon cages an one red iguana. Would the T or L nozzles be best? I got a few elbow valves. But not sure if cornering down hose mess up the unit. Have go up about 5 feet to reach the last 3 Cham cages. If I just do the four chameleon cages. Still have elbow valve about 4 feet going up. Wanted to use a double mistking assembly on my panther Cham so that make it 6 nozzles. I know alot use these units for there chams. Just trying get it figured out before I run the nozzles. Just waiting on 3 nozzles an ball valve. I messed up an bought L nozzles when it seems T nozzles would work best. I been using this mistking on my two Panther boys. So mostly extending an really wanna get a nozzle on my iguana. I was using a repti fogger on her. But these units are just terrible. Replaced fan in it twice. Then just started making annoying noise when it turns on. I just want to keep these guys in same area. They both have same humidity requirements just think iguana is 10-20% higher then the panthers. Just replaced my veiled boys with my females. So veiled have there own mistking. Also booklet says gravity fed pump. So pretty much meaning reservoir needs be higher then the pump? Or does that mean just lined up?

A few questions buried in there so will try to get them one at a time:

- Extra length vs additional nozzles: I feel you should have no problem running 5 nozzles even with a bit of extra tubing. The limitation is the pressure the pump can put out at a certain flow. The nozzles contribute more to the pressure drop than the tubing run so 5-6 nozzles is probably OK. Absolute worst case is you eventually have to upgrade to the pump from the Ultimate system.

- T or L nozzles: You would use the T nozzles at all the locations except the very last nozzle which would be a L. Take a look at this page. If you already bought L nozzles, you can use those too, but would need a regular T in the tubing so you could branch off to the nozzle and keep the other end going to the next nozzle.

- Gravity feed: means that the pump needs to be below the water level - it can be even with the bottom of the bucket so long as the bucket has enough water in it. If you can elevate the bucket, even better. Not the best picture, but you might see where I have my bucket up on a box and then there is an elbow down to the pump.

51043925353_6ee98c58a1_b.jpg

Can you mount nozzles like this? Is a bracket needed. I got 3 brackets for 3 cages. But looks like you'll need 6 for both sides. Don't think brackets will work with these zoomed reptibreeze cages. Just mounting nozzles before I cut hosing.

Attachments

• 20220311_191543.jpg
    20220311_191543.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 84
Can you mount nozzles like this? Is a bracket needed. I got 3 brackets for 3 cages. But looks like you'll need 6 for both sides. Don't think brackets will work with these zoomed reptibreeze cages. Just mounting nozzles before I cut hosing.
They are designed to go thru a small hole in the screen top. The top and nozzle ends come apart to do this. http://online.fliphtml5.com/jrle/vzmq/#p=19 You’ll need to have the wedge to prevent the whole thing from tearing thru the screen. I’ve used firm plastic screwed in on one end to the frame instead on some of my enclosures and it has worked just as well.

They are designed to go thru a small hole in the screen top. The top and nozzle ends come apart to do this. http://online.fliphtml5.com/jrle/vzmq/#p=19 You’ll need to have the wedge to prevent the whole thing from tearing thru the screen. I’ve used firm plastic screwed in on one end to the frame instead on some of my enclosures and it has worked just as well.
Thank you! Think I'll go back to hand misting. Was avoiding using the wedges. Have no way to replace screen tops if a mess up happens. Just can't afford buy new enclosures use this mistking kit. But with way I did the nozzles. Don't want tear the mesh also. Have the nozzles set just have to run hosing to the pump.

You can use one bracket per mist head. I put bracket on outside can put inside or outside. If you don't use bracket mist head shakes a little

Although I don't prefer it, can't say your method with the wire won't work. It looks like you put all the wire on the outside so there are no sharp pieces on the inside. One question would be how you plan to get the tubing in and out of the enclosure? Depending on your plan here, could be some further recommendations.

Hand misting is really not ideal and so feel you should try and make the MistKing work for you.

Although I don't prefer it, can't say your method with the wire won't work. It looks like you put all the wire on the outside so there are no sharp pieces on the inside. One question would be how you plan to get the tubing in and out of the enclosure? Depending on your plan here, could be some further recommendations.

Hand misting is really not ideal and so feel you should try and make the MistKing work for you.
I drilled two holes on plastic connectors on top mesh. So was going feed two hosing ends to the nozzle an same with other three. But hose is very tough. Thinking it won't bend very well. To accomplish this. Was thinking of the monsoon tubing when thought of this. But purchased 16 feet of extra tubing. An this tubing is very tough. I always leave any sharp objects on outside of cages.

I suppose that will be fine so long as you don't kink the tubing. You may need to get elbow fittings to make it work. You might consider trying one using the bracket for the nozzle. You might find it preferable to run the tubing on the outside.

I suppose that will be fine so long as you don't kink the tubing. You may need to get elbow fittings to make it work. You might consider trying one using the bracket for the nozzle. You might find it preferable to run the tubing on the outside.
Thanks the elbow actually worked. Just fitting a hose from my iguana to female enclosure to the right.

Attachments

• 20220312_180617.jpg
    20220312_180617.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220312_180657.jpg
    20220312_180657.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 81
Thank you! Think I'll go back to hand misting. Was avoiding using the wedges. Have no way to replace screen tops if a mess up happens. Just can't afford buy new enclosures use this mistking kit. But with way I did the nozzles. Don't want tear the mesh also. Have the nozzles set just have to run hosing to the pump.
It's up to you, but I found a very simple way to minimize damage to the mesh, which—worst case—might involve using a screen repair kit (many types available) or building another top screen from window screen kits (many how-to vids on YT).

The best way I found was to attach the wedge to the top of frame first, then using an Exacto or hobby knife (standard blade), slice an X into the screen from the bottom using the hole as a template/guide—don't try to cut a circle. Leave the 4 quarters alone.

1647199008228.png

Use the nozzle to push through from underneath. This works cleanly/neatly, making the smallest opening and a snug seal.

Last edited:
I went with it like this. Just 2 screws just hoping it holds. Used a razor blade an cut the cross an worked good! I tried it on older zoomed top panel. Was actually easier then I thought. Just used a pre drill bit first. An a Philips screw driver for the screws.

Attachments

• 20220314_213133.jpg
    20220314_213133.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 83
Hi, I recently setup a mistking starter kit. An really disappointed in results. All it does is leak an drip after nozzles stop. Causing caging damage an furniture damage. Just really disappointed in the unit. Going back to hand misting during the day.

Not sure what could be going on. Would you post some pics of the entire system so we can diagnose potential problems?

Not hooked up right read book that came with it. I've got two with no prob with as long as u hook up right

Back
Top Bottom