Mistking

Jebus247

OK so I am sold on the mistking as the mister I am going to use, however what is really involved in the install, are the pumps gravity feed or what? and if you could show me some examples of your tank setup that would be appreciated.

Just bought mine today!

But I do know a lot about them from my own reasearch.

They are gravity fed, the diaphragm pump needs to be below the reservoir.

You have to provide your own reservoir, it can be any size you would like. The mist king comes with a bulkhead to attach to your reservoir. I’m going to use a 5 gallon bucket, which most people do.

From there it’s all plug and play, cut your tubing to size, then follow the instructions for your timer. Simple as that!

Then it’s up to you to find a way to make it astetically pleasing for your own personal set up.

5 gallon bucket works but I wouldn’t fill it up. If for some reason the pump doesn’t shut off 5 gallons of water would suck to clean up.

They are gravity fed, the diaphragm pump needs to be below the reservoir.

Mine is not below the reservoir and works perfectly. I have mine hanging well off the bottom of the enclosure cabinet so in case there was a leak of some sort there would be no wires getting wet.

How do you have the drainage set up? Once you get the mister drainage will be a problem lol

@Decadancin where is it in relation to your reservoir? After talking with a mistking spokesman he said that you can place the pump at the same level as the res but for longevity of the pump it’s better to have it below the Res to always insure water is feeding into the pump. It can work fine no problem, but can put strain on the pump.

So its only a foot above the res? well fair enough! I guess that works, you have the experience over myself so I'll take your word for it. Learned something new today!(y)

How do you have the drainage set up? Once you get the mister drainage will be a problem lol

@Decadancin where is it in relation to your reservoir? After talking with a mistking spokesman he said that you can place the pump at the same level as the res but for longevity of the pump it’s better to have it below the Res to always insure water is feeding into the pump. It can work fine no problem, but can put strain on the pump.
Thats why i am setting it up slowly and figuring it out before anything but the plants live in it.

To answer your question.

image.jpg

My pump is at ground level and everything works great. The hole in your reservoir will be slightly above the pump if the reservoir is also at ground level. I imagine everything will work great if the pump is slightly above ground level because the water pressure will force the water up to the pump. If you mount the pump higher then the reservoir I'm sure you will run into problems with the pump not priming.

Back
Top Bottom