Mistking

The first system has the old timer and I haven't seen the new timer in person. Not sure what the difference in the timer and how it affect the functionality of the system .
Bought my mistking 3 weeks ago. This timer came with it. Mistking for the win

Attachments

• 20160209_210612.jpg
    20160209_210612.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 166
Ok so after more research and some help/guidance I went and ordered the Starter Kit, 2 dual nozzles, and a couple of spare T unions. Thanks for the help!

I bought a Climist I don't see a diff between them and MIstking except they are cheaper

Hi JG, doesn't seem like you looked hard enough. It may look similar but, that is it. It was their main objective to simply copy our product and slide into the market hoping no one would notice or care enough to say anything. Pumps are different, use different power supplies that are not UL/cUL approved. When I found out about them they have populated their website with stolen images from mistking.com (complete with MistKing watermarks!) and with mistking tags so people and google would confuse them with our site and products. In fact the customer that saw this contacted us with link to their copied content thinking it was something we were doing. After I complained they've removed my images and tags but have copied the misting assembly that looked exactly like our single nozzle, until I told them they're not allowed to lift the design of our nozzle as the design is protected https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/USD663398.pdf At any rate they seem to be keen on copying whatever they can, even the wording on the instructions of the old style timer (that I wrote) that we used to sell were copied. We've decided to stop selling that timer due to the many issues that it had. We've worked with the OEM manufacturer of the timer, even hired an electronics engineer to reverse engineer the circuitry and we've isolated the components that were failing, however due to inconsistencies and continuing failures, despite few good batches, we dropped that timer and did our own. I'm sure many members of this forum had timers that flunked on them, but for a while this was best that we had in the hobby. We tried to replace anyone that contacted us with failed timers within the warranty period, making sure the customers were happy. Doesn't seem like they do any more than look to us to do the leg work and then replicate whatever they can. We try making a really good system for the hobby and get it into hands of stores to give users an option above the pet store brand and quality. We're always about updating whatever we can to make a better system. Right now we're on the 4th generation of our misting systems with options for 3 different timers to suit different applications. We're always trying to make things improved bit by bit to fill the needs of our users better. Thanks to our loyal customer base that select us over other products we can try new things and grow and supply many herpers with quality product. Thanks to all that recommend us and remember if you want to go the DIY way or use whatever you wish, feel free but do your research first. I know many of you are into your own things here and there's nothing wrong with that!

timer-vivarium800.jpg

Last edited:
HI Marty I did see the difference in the timers afterwards but so far I have not had issue with mine I do like the LCD display on the MistKing and if my timer goes bad I would buy yours to replace it. I did want to ask why do you need to gravity feed the pump is ok to have the pump above the reservoir I hear Bill Strand does it this way

Walmart, target etc would have it....
I've heard of people using ZooMed ReptiSafe in tap water, I've never tried it but I'm sure someone here would have better insight on it.
I heard that the climist is a good alternative to the MistKing, is this true? It seems like it has a similar pump

I heard that the climist is a good alternative to the MistKing, is this true? It seems like it has a similar pump
I've had no issues with my Climist it's tough to push all the conectors in all the way but that is the same with all of them but if you read the post above with the MIstking you do get a neat LCD display timer

I've had no issues with my Climist it's tough to push all the conectors in all the way but that is the same with all of them but if you read the post above with the MIstking you do get a neat LCD display timer
Wait but can the climist cycle? As well as the MistKing.

Not sure what you mean by cycle? The MIstKIng may have a better LCD timer that cycles and Climist may launch a new timer this summer that connects through wifi and you can control through an app on your Iphone or android device that allows you to constantly monitor and change your misting schedule, the Climist I have now works well for what I want it to do if it breaks and I need to get a new misting system I will look at quality prices and features and buy the one that meets my needs

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by cycle? The MIstKIng may have a better LCD timer that cycles and Climist may launch a new timer this summer that connects through wifi and you can control through an app on your Iphone or android device that allows you to constantly monitor and change your misting schedule, if something happens to my system, the Climist I have now works well for what I want it to do if it breaks and I need to get a new misting system I will look at quality prices and features and buy the one that meets my needs
I mean like you can program the CliMist to mist, let's say, every 3 hours for a certain amout of time?

I mean like you can program the CliMist to mist, let's say, every 3 hours for a certain amout of time?
oh yes it does here is a post on my set up
I use a 2gallon/8quart drum container I refill it about once every 2 week. I run my mister from 830am to 630pm for 1 and a half mins every 2hours to keep my humidity between 40%-70% range(initially when mister goes off humidity spikes to 75%-80% after about 2hrs it drops to 35%-30% which is dry then) . It really depends on your timer settings and your timer setting depend on the humidity range your trying to maintain and that depends on the humidity around the location of your cage. Really I don't have an answer for you in regards to how much water per minute the system will use that is a huge equation with a multitude of unknown variables that will be specific to your set up. Also you may need to tweak your timer settings for different seasons (Is it dryer around your set up in winter?). There is a lot of trial and error upon initial set up and some tweaking along the way to make sure you are maintaining the proper humidity you need for your chameleon. Keeping a lot of live plants in your set up will go a long way in maintaining humidity also (shorter misting times or times between mistings).

Daniel, I don't know if you realized that Marty is the MistKing.
Read his post. He knows his stuff. ;)
I bought mistking! Never even considered climist due to the fact everybody was satisfied with there mistking!!!!!!!!!!!

I purchased a mistking "Ultimate Misting System" 6 years ago. With exception to the timer (worked for 2 years) the system is still pumping as strong today as the day I first plugged it in. When/If it does stop working, it will be replaced with another mistking.

Back
Top Bottom