Mistking

Gwendalyn.brock

Established Member
I was looking into buying a mistking starter system for my habitat. I have a few questions though. Is it worth the money, I've gone through 3 misting systems already, the first ones only leaked all over my floor and the other just makes weird bubbling sounds now. Is it simple to put together? Does it require purified water? Will it work well with my screen enclosure?

MistKing is the only way to go, I've had mine for many years and never has failed me!!!!!! GET IT! you won't regret it!!!!
and Yes it's simple to set up and get running. Once you get it set up the screen will be no issue, just get the angles right and you are all set.
Purified water will help from clogs and such.

Mistking is an excellent product. well worth the $$. Virtually silent while running. Very easy to set up.

Mistking is an excellent product. well worth the $$. Virtually silent while running. Very easy to set up.
That's good, the one I have now scares her when it goes off. I'm hoping that by the 5th I can order one and have it by valentines day weekend.

MistKing is the only way to go, I've had mine for many years and never has failed me!!!!!! GET IT! you won't regret it!!!!
and Yes it's simple to set up and get running. Once you get it set up the screen will be no issue, just get the angles right and you are all set.
Purified water will help from clogs and such.
I didn't know that when I bought the other misters. I'm hoping to get one soon. What's the best place to get purified water or can I just boil water beforehand?

I didn't know that when I bought the other misters. I'm hoping to get one soon. What's the best place to get purified water or can I just boil water beforehand?
Walmart, target etc would have it....
I've heard of people using ZooMed ReptiSafe in tap water, I've never tried it but I'm sure someone here would have better insight on it.

i have a mistking and i use reverse osmosis water because i guess it extends the life of the mistking

Hey Gwendalyn.brock ,
Mist kings are the top of the line. Everything snaps together easily. Mine has been up and running for years. Mist king recommends purified water to prevent nozzle clogging, your basic tap water contains lots of minerals that will cause premature nozzle failure. You may have to replace nozzles more often when using tap water. Also many tap water is treated with chlorine or chlormines that Chams can't tolerate. That's the other reason many people use purified bottled water
Dave

You'll want to use distilled or RO water in your mister because tap water contains minerals which will clog up your mist heads. If you all a re interested in hearing more about misters, misting, and the water cycle you can check out a podcast episode on chameleons and their water requirements. It has some product reviews.
http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep9-chameleons-and-water/

Mist King is an excellent choice. Remember the screen wedges! They do not come with the starter kit and are necessary for mounting the nozzles in your cage!

I too own a Mistking and haven't looked back great product, and great service. If you get one when you put it together and you think you have the hose all the way in push it in some more!

Another vote for Mist-king. I've had mine up and running just short of a year with no problems at all. I run distilled water in it without any problems.

Sorry bump this thread, have some questions regarding the MistKing products. I'm most likely going with their Ultimate Misting System...now it comes with 3 nozzles, the way the hardware comes, do all 3 need to be used or if I see 2 will do I can just omit 1 of them? And then next is the timer, not sure if I want the ST-24 Seconds Timer or the RCT-24 Repeat Cycle Timer. I basically want to have everything automated...certain temp/humidity during the day and then drop temp/humidity at night. Appreciate any help/info from your experience(s).

http://www.mistking.com/Ultimate-Value-Misting-System-UVMS4.html

Why are you getting the ultimate and not the starter?
I am not saying it is wrong, but if you are going to use less than 10 nozzles, do you have a specific reason to go that route?
The st24 will let you set 10 programs, with different times of the day, days of the week, and duration of the misting. For a single cage it seems more than enough!

Why are you getting the ultimate and not the starter?
I am not saying it is wrong, but if you are going to use less than 10 nozzles, do you have a specific reason to go that route?
The st24 will let you set 10 programs, with different times of the day, days of the week, and duration of the misting. For a single cage it seems more than enough!
Just going by visuals, the motor looks more robust, "beefy" if you will. I always tend to "over engineer" things...rather have a lil more and not need it type of way of thinking. Also thinking long term...reading up and it seems some will start with the Starter and then end up upgrading, wishing that they just went with the Ultimate from the start.

Just bought my SECOND MistKing (one for Panthers and the other is for the baby Parsonii that I'm getting ) they are a must in this hobby!

Back
Top Bottom