Mistking?

Brianinsocal

Okay, I think I am going to get the Mistking Starter Misting System I was wondering if anyone could help me with my questions?

I will only be using it for one cage for now. In the future I may have another cage. I see I can run up to ten nozzles in the future.

Do I need the Zip drip valve? Do I need the plus pack? I am getting confused on what I should order.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Cool, Thanks.

Anybody know where I can purchase this in the states? Most places don't have it or they only have the next system up.

Otherwise I can get from Mistking directly.

Thanks

The zip drip is good if you ever plan to have racks of cages with two or more tiers. Without it, when it shuts off, all of the lower nozzles take the backflow of the full upper tubes and will drip for hours potentially flooding those enclosures.

Dealing with that on my DIY system right now.

I have 3 Mistking systems now and am getting a fourth soon, I get mine through LLLReptiles for the same price as if I got it from Mistking directly. Two are the upgraded one and one is the starter one. The only reason I get them through Lll is that I order other stuff from them at the same time. I like the upgraded ones the best and do like the zip drip as I think it lets the pressure off the pump and I hope that will help them to last longer. ( JMHO ) no facts to back that up. I also like the fact that there is no continued dripping between mistings and so the cage dries out better. That being said I also use a seperate drip system that comes on right after my Mistking stops. There are advantages to both, I also like the other assorted parts u get with the up graded system. Whatever you decide you can't go wrong with Mistking and Marty at Mistking is fantastic and stands behind his product like no other!!! If you are going to run more then one mister or a combination of mister and rain dome I would get the upgraded one. A rain dome type set up can be made with the Mistking nozzle and a 32oz deli cup and works fantastic as well. Good luck with whatever you get!!!

I like the upgraded ones the best and do like the zip drip as I think it lets the pressure off the pump and I hope that will help them to last longer. ( JMHO ) no facts to back that up.

The zip drip just lets the excess water in the tubing drain back to the tank instead of draining out of the nozzles. Once the pump shuts off, the tubing is not pressurized for more than a second or two so the pump is not subjected to any back pressure. What will make your pump last longer is to make sure it always has water. If you run it dry frequently it will shorten it's life because it is designed to run under load. They are self priming, however you should aim for the pump to be low enough so that it doesn't have to prime at every cycle.

The zip drip just lets the excess water in the tubing drain back to the tank instead of draining out of the nozzles. Once the pump shuts off, the tubing is not pressurized for more than a second or two so the pump is not subjected to any back pressure. What will make your pump last longer is to make sure it always has water. If you run it dry frequently it will shorten it's life because it is designed to run under load. They are self priming, however you should aim for the pump to be low enough so that it doesn't have to prime at every cycle.

I would probably be the best to test the life cycle time. Mine runs dry every 2-3 days. I am the worst at checking the water bucket so I usually don't realize its empty until it either shuts itself off, or I hear it making that sad dry sound.

def def def buy a MistKing system. I've only had mine for a few weeks now and its already made my life so much easier. Within hours of installation my chams were more active and had a larger appetite.

Back
Top Bottom