Mistking water question

JuniorC

Avid Member
So before purchasing my future panther I'm going to be investing in a mistking. Now my concern is the water we have to use. I read its recommended to use distilled water and where does everyone get it from cuz at walmart the other day the distilled water gallons were all wiped out so thought if I had the mistking what would I do then? I do know regular water will clog the spray heads so not to use that. What are people using or getting it from so I can prepare myself

I got tired of lugging bottles and at times (Hurricane expected) I wasn’t able to get any water...not to mention all of the plastic waste. I invested in a reverse osmosis system that easily attaches to my kitchen faucet. Every few weeks I fill up all those empty gallon jugs from the distilled water I had bought.

I buy RO water from my local pet store for 40cents a gallon. If you have a shop that has salt water fish tanks more then likely they have RO water in place and may sell it.
Thaaaank you and everyone else. I contacted a good local pet shop and they sell ro water for .35 cents a gallon so Im set lol

I bought a water Distiller. Instead of buying distilled water from the store I bought 4 gallons used those and kept the jugs. I just distill the water in my machine and fill the jugs from that.

what kind of water distiller?
I am not sure where you live but I bought one off of amazon for around 150$. They might have some that are cheaper as well. I have a panther and a Parsons so I go through a LOT of water and its cheaper to buy a distiller than have to buy gallons of it at the store.

RO systems are GREAT! and definitely something id like to instill in my future setup but I have to concentrate on my guys cage upgrade first. I currently go to walmart and get the 5 gal jugs of Pur filtered water. Its kind of a PAIN in the DICK to haul but i get like 6-8 at a time like a madman???and everyone looks at me crazy[like I'm one of those bunker people] as i check out ?BUT lasts me a LONG ASS time, costs about 10 er 11 bucks ? i have had my MK for a while and still haven't had any issues with clogged nozzles or anything and when i do i can just do a vinegar soak to clear them. This system works best for me with what i have ATM ?

Man, I've read so many mixed reviews on all of the distillers I've found on Amazon! I want one that's user friendly, auto shut off & actually does what it's supposed to do.

RO systems are GREAT! and definitely something id like to instill in my future setup but I have to concentrate on my guys cage upgrade first. I currently go to walmart and get the 5 gal jugs of Pur filtered water. Its kind of a PAIN in the DICK to haul but i get like 6-8 at a time like a madman???and everyone looks at me crazy[like I'm one of those bunker people] as i check out ?BUT lasts me a LONG ASS time, costs about 10 er 11 bucks ? i have had my MK for a while and still haven't had any issues with clogged nozzles or anything and when i do i can just do a vinegar soak to clear them. This system works best for me with what i have ATM ?

How long is a long time? My misting system holds 10 liters. I'll be setting up the cage next week so I'll have to figure out how long it takes to go through the water. I think I'll just buy jugs of distilled water until I figure it out, then eventually invest in a good quality distiller.

Man, I've read so many mixed reviews on all of the distillers I've found on Amazon! I want one that's user friendly, auto shut off & actually does what it's supposed to do.
Im not guna bother and just wait to get a reputable RO system... they are not TERRIBLY difficult to install ? but thats just my 2 Cents?

An RO system that you install in your sink and fill the misting resorvoir with the water from that? Or is there an RO system that attaches directly to the mister? Forgive me if this is a silly question. This is my first time using anything other than tap water, which was obvs a huge mistake when I owned my last cham 10 years ago. I've learned SO much since then and am educated enough to care for them properly now.. I just wanted to figure out the most efficient water filtration system.

How long is a long time? My misting system holds 10 liters. I'll be setting up the cage next week so I'll have to figure out how long it takes to go through the water. I think I'll just buy jugs of distilled water until I figure it out, then eventually invest in a good quality distiller.
Well obviously It depends on how often and how long you mist. I mist 5 to 10 minutes a DAY. Idk Ive never actually sat down to figure it out... i should huh? =X 8 jugs would probably last me longer than 3 maybe 4 months? Ill try to figure it out but this is the most inexpensive and convenient way for me.

Oh wow! Good to know. I'll have to figure out the frequency & duration of misting that is required to keep my chams enclosure humid enough. Then I'll figure out whether a purification system is worth it after that.. Which will depend on how often I need to fill my misting resorvoir. Thank you!

An RO system that you install in your sink and fill the misting resorvoir with the water from that? Or is there an RO system that attaches directly to the mister? Forgive me if this is a silly question. This is my first time using anything other than tap water, which was obvs a huge mistake when I owned my last cham 10 years ago. I've learned SO much since then and am educated enough to care for them properly now.. I just wanted to figure out the most efficient water filtration system.
That's good! No i don't believe you need a reservoir when you have the RO i think you can run it directly to the MK but i really don't know, i don't have one ? lol

Back
Top Bottom