MistKing vs Climist.....thoughts?

If you want a personal opinion, mistking is more proprietary and climist uses more universal parts. Both should have excellent results.

If I had to rebuy, i would get the climist. It uses an easily replaceable 120vac reverse osmosis booster pump and a standard lamp timer. With most of the modern mistkings, if either of those parts need replacing, you are stuck having to find official mistking pumps/timers/powersupplies.

In a perfect world both systems should last 2 cham lives. However i help service 6 misting systems between my friends and I, and i have had to replace 2 pumps due to water damage (dripping down the line into the motor, and the other the owner dropped the pump into a bucket of water while cleaning), the climist styles i could just by $40-60 pumps, it was cheaper to just rebuy the $120 mistking setups...

Moral of the story, pumps are expensive, to rebuy the pumps at full retail cost as much as the whole systems.

I personally prefer MistKing. They have some really great pre-arranged kits for reasonable prices, and I adore the quality. Although Climist was good, I felt like I had less issues with my MistKing systems and, when I did have a problem, it was very easy to find the CORRECT replacement part that I needed. Everything that I've bought from them I have been very confident in. Great products, and super easy to use once you know what you're doing......just make sure you buy whatever bundle or parts will be best for you (EX: My first buy was a starter kit, but I thought that getting the pro option of this would make it better for me. This actually ended up cashing an issue for me later on, since the difference was the controller. What I needed then was a time set system, not one based on the current humidity. Now that controller works better for me, but as a beginner, the set time timer works better)

I'm happy with my Climist. I've had it ~8 mos. My bf has two MistKings one of which is used and neither has given him any trouble in the last 3 years.
We both believe my Climist is quieter but that may be the way I have it set up. We have never run them side by side to be sure.

If you want a personal opinion, mistking is more proprietary and climist uses more universal parts. Both should have excellent results.

If I had to rebuy, i would get the climist. It uses an easily replaceable 120vac reverse osmosis booster pump and a standard lamp timer. With most of the modern mistkings, if either of those parts need replacing, you are stuck having to find official mistking pumps/timers/powersupplies.

In a perfect world both systems should last 2 cham lives. However i help service 6 misting systems between my friends and I, and i have had to replace 2 pumps due to water damage (dripping down the line into the motor, and the other the owner dropped the pump into a bucket of water while cleaning), the climist styles i could just by $40-60 pumps, it was cheaper to just rebuy the $120 mistking setups...

Moral of the story, pumps are expensive, to rebuy the pumps at full retail cost as much as the whole systems.

With all due respect,
The reason you like the Climist is why I feel the Mist King is better.
  • More universal parts
    • Timer
      • I didn't like the timer or the location of the timer within the system when setup. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the timer is basically a plug in type for an outlet or receptacle. This places the display in a very bad place for viewing and adjusting. The Mist King is like a wired remote. I have it right at eye level where I can access and monitor or make changes.
    • Pump
It would seem the entire Climist system over priced for what it is if you factor a "off the shelf timer" and a cheaper pump. Less research and development would go into selecting off the shelf parts and boxing them together. If you say it's an expensive pump, then the value is skewed when compared to the Mist King's propriety and better timer and access. (It would be worth the exta $10)

I'm basing this off the basic systems and current pricing:

CLIMIST CYCLONE SYSTEM - $120
https://www.climist.com/climist-systems.html

MIST KING BASIC SYSTEM - $130
http://www.mistking.com/Starter-Misting-System-v4-MKMSS-125-50.html

It would also be fairly simple to modify and reapir a mist king to handle a 120VAC pump. It would be a matter of adding a relay similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-965400...8&qid=1492566663&sr=8-16&keywords=24VDC+relay

To me, anyone considering either of these two units should weigh the options, the prices, benefits and drawbacks. If my Mist King ever fails or I need new fittings, I would turn it into a hybrid system and use Climist parts or what ever brand I could source if the cost was that much less. (So far the price is about a wash as well, but I didn't check all the prices, nor did I check for any and all lower prices on eBay or Amazon or any other vendor as most places seem to sell these at a similar price point.)

As as example:
CLIMIST NOZZLE - $14.99
https://www.climist.com/climist-tee-single-tip-twister-misting-assembly.html
MIST KING NOZZLE - $14.25
http://www.mistking.com/Value-T-Misting-Nozzle-Assembly.html

Honestly, it's really personal preference. I have no experience with Climist, but enough people swear by them so I would have to assume its a quality product.

Last edited:
Plus, a Mistking plus plastic corner piece, plus shipping is around $160....

A Climist is $120 with the plastic piece and free shipping.......

I had a MistKing ready to order, but the $30+ shipping turned me off fast....
I had the same issue. I couldn't bring myself to buy from the Mist King site. I wound up ordering from Josh's Frogs, where shipping was only $8.18 to my door. (Your rate may be different based on your location) ;)

Plus, a Mistking plus plastic corner piece, plus shipping is around $160....

A Climist is $120 with the plastic piece and free shipping.......

My shipping with the plastic corner piece out the door was only $143.17
  • $120.00 Mist King Starter System
  • $5.99 Top screen Wedge
  • $8.18 Shipping
To me the timer and DC pump was worth the extra $20 cost. (The Climist wasn't $120 when I was researching it, if it was I didn't see it) I got the wedge to use as a template, I really didn't need it, but whats $6 going to matter in the overall budget?
(y)

Last edited:
Just pay it! Is worth it, I promise you that. They come fast too. Just make sure you're getting the package that's right for you

Um....no. The shipping at $30+ is a rip-off when you can find shipping as low as I did. $8 dollars is a far better pill to swallow for those who don't have money to throw away. :cool:

Shipping speed is also vendor dependent. I initially ordered one from LLLReptile, but I would have waited almost 3 weeks! Heck NO! I canceled that order and went elsewhere. Josh's Frogs not only had great shipping prices, but got it in my hands in 3 days.

Just got my mistking in January and i love it .the st-24 timer is easy to operate and set up .i really appreciate how you can make adjustments and and turn the system on or off with out getting on the floor

Just got my mistking in January and i love it .the st-24 timer is easy to operate and set up .i really appreciate how you can make adjustments and and turn the system on or off with out getting on the floor
My point exactly. I think it's well worth the money. And sure, we all have budgets, but think about it this way: if you couldn't have access to the proper amount of water to drink or clean yourself with that was filtered, and had to live with humidity conditions that made you feel beyond uncomfortable, would you feel happy? I know I wouldn't. Therefore, I prioritize to make sure my chams get what they need, even if it means eating expired canned food for a month or so.

I can deal with my situations. My chams, on the other hand, are not capable of voicing their needs or running out to the store or a friend's house to get something. That's why I make sure they are taken care of first, because I can take care of myself with a much larger access to resources

I can deal with my situations. My chams, on the other hand, are not capable of voicing their needs or running out to the store or a friend's house to get something. That's why I make sure they are taken care of first, because I can take care of myself with a much larger access to resources

So a Climate is way worse than a MistKing in your opinion.......

Either way, it's a substantial amount of money for something you can do with a spray bottle if you're home....

Yea i personally dont think anything is wrong with climist its truly personal preference when it comes to climist.VS.mistking the st-24 timer/controller is the only reason i went with mistking is its just easier i think

So a Climate is way worse than a MistKing in your opinion.......

Either way, it's a substantial amount of money for something you can do with a spray bottle if you're home....
Mistking and Climist are the same pump. You get different timers. The timer I have with my climist works just fine I don't need a digital one. As for this being something you can just do with a spray bottle at home, that's completely false. People don't stand there and spray for 5 to 7 minutes three times a day and the spray that comes out of a spray bottle is not nearly as fine of a mist as what comes out of the pump

Back
Top Bottom