Mistking V4 or Upgrade to V5

Which MistKing Version?

• Version 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Porter

I am about to purchase my MistKing and I noticed you can buy either version. Is the V5 worth the extra money? It's not that much money, but i hate spending money for no real reason. Has anyone gone from a V4 to a V5 or had issues with the parts that were upgraded in the V4 version.

I have no idea what version I even have, I just know it works. What exactly did they change between the versions?

I have no idea what version I even have, I just know it works. What exactly did they change between the versions?
From Josh's Frogs website:
  • Improved timer electronics. Timers now have a 3 times higher electronics rating which better equips the timers for dealing with power outages and high inductive demand of MistKing pumps. This should improve system failure rates and add to MistKing reliability.
  • Reservoir Bulkhead has been custom designed from ground up and is exclusive to MistKing. With its dense metal thread you can now tighten with all required force without worry of stripping. We have even tested the bulkheads to squeeze a bucket without an o-ring and achieved perfect seal. Nevertheless use an o-ring for added security.
  • We now also include a small reservoir filter. No need to worry that a floating debris will be sucked into the system and clog your nozzle. We love color black in our systems, however the filter is white to easier spot when it needs to be rinsed.

Alright, only significant difference from the one I have is a metal bulkhead, I have the plastic one. I've replaced my timer as the original failed and bought the reservoir filter and in line filter. I would say with what I know about MistKing, that there shouldn't be an issue with hotswapping parts. It's one of the reasons they are highly recommended as even as they improve their design, they make it compatible with the older versions.

TMK, the biggest difference is in the timer.
I sprung for v5, and now we have a 2nd v5 for a different reptile.

Timer has been through several power outages (all less than 24 hrs.) and never lost settings.
No problems with bulkheads—we use rectangular reservoirs.
Reservoir filter works fine—keeps the dog hair out.

(y) (y)

IMO-Obviously the V5 is better, and I’d say it’s worth the extra 15 bucks to get it, but either way they are both great, and you’ll be happy with whatever one you get.😀

Back
Top Bottom