mistking tubing securing

whysoez420

what do you guys use to secure your tubing? if it was the straps that came with the mistking what did you secure them to and what type of screws did you use? thanks in advance guys. i really appreciate the help.

I bundled them all together with twist ties and then turned it on and taped down everywhere that was rattling with packing tape. Now its silent. I'm looking forward to seeing your cham, you're really doing your research! Hope that helps

I picked up a pack of coaxial cable clamps from Lowe's. They're little black (or white) plastic loops that are held on with screws and they're made to hold 1/4" coaxial cable so the 1/4" drip line tubing for the Mistking kits fit perfectly. They work great on my wood and plastic stands but they might not work on some stands that I've seen used... Here's a link to them in case you're interested: http://www.lowes.com/pd_193693-1781...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=cable+clamps&facetInfo=

I use black 1/4" tubing clasps. Normally I supply them in my misting and RainDome systems... but you can find them at Home Depot or Lowe's. Sometimes black can be hard to find, but the 'clear' or white clips work OK too. Only issue with the clear or white is that they are not UV resistant and will crack pretty easily.

lol thanks guys, i appreciate the help. but i got 10 straps with my mistking and am not 100% sure the best screws to use to strap them with.

It is going to depend what you are screwing them to.

In may case I screw the hose clamps to the walls using wood screws.

If you are intending to screw down the tubing to an aluminum cage, I woudl suggest stainless steel screws that you can get from lowes or HD. Make sure they are short enough (probably 3/4") to not go all the way through the aluminum and leave the sharp end in the cage itself.

lol thanks guys, i appreciate the help. but i got 10 straps with my mistking and am not 100% sure the best screws to use to strap them with.

As Saldarya said, it depends on what you're screwing in to. A lot of times the easiest thing to use are simple self-tapping screws that you can get at any hardware store since they have a built in drill bit on the tips. If you're trying to mount on/screw in to an aluminum cage it might be too thin to use those so I'd make a small pilot hole and then use a 3/8" - 1/2" long pan head sheet metal screw. If you're drilling in to something thicker than an aluminum screen cage though you'll be fine using any other stainless screw. I would avoid wood screws though since their heads taper inwards and have a tendancy to pull through or split apart the plastic hose clips if you tighten the screw too hard where a pan head screws will tighten up flush against the clip.

Back
Top Bottom