Mistking timer

DABRUTE

Ok ok...i Know.lol I need to start my own post. My cham MR J.R. is 3 months and I just got my mistking set up! I work M-F I leave the house at 7:30am and get home around 5:30 pm. What times should I set this time to go off and for how long? I set it for 8am and will stop at 8:01! I'm running it for 1 minute every 2-3 hours? Once i get this down packed..i won't bug you all so much. lol Help me out here family! Thanks

You will have to play around with the settings for your environment. You just want to make sure it dries out in between mistings.

I think longer misting is more beneficial. I liked 5 in the am, a minute around 10. 2 minutes. At 12. 1 at 2 and 5 at 5. That's 16 minutes all together. The 5 minutes give then time to drink and wash their eyes out, etc.

Take in consideration when your lights come on, I like to give them 30 minutes at least after they wake up before they get blasted, lol. Then the last one goes off 2 hours before lights out to make sure everything is all dried up. Each person will be different though based on humidity level issues and whether or not you run a dripper.

I agree with the above, I did that also. I am not saying thats what you should do, im saying that's what worked best for me. Everyone does it different. Experiment :)

I'm running it every 3 hours for 6 minutes. So question...I want the whole plant to get watered down...how can i adjust this mister to shoot out a little more? Is that the correct question?

I'm running it every 3 hours for 6 minutes. So question...I want the whole plant to get watered down...how can i adjust this mister to shoot out a little more? Is that the correct question?
Are you saying it's not covering enough of the cage?

What do you mean by shoot out more? The nozzles can't be adjusted to shoot out more water. You can only aim them. If you want more coverage, you will have to get another nozzle.

Hopefully doing so many mistings for 6 minutes each time will not over water your plants. Plants can rot if they get too much water for what they need.

Again, every single setup is different and you will have to experiment. Just make sure the cage dries out in between mistings. That is the key.

I agree with the longer misting time.
If you can a full few minutes of uninterrupted mist, is better then several
short mists.

The reason is, cham (esp Jax) can be slow to get themselves in position
to drink.

You can test this yourself by simply turning the MistKing on and watching
your cham with a stopwatch.

I do 4 mistings a day, the first one is 3 minutes because it is their first water
of the day, and the last misting is at 3pm and only 1 minute because I get
home from work at 4pm to feed, water, take them out side or free range, and
indulge them in what ever they want to do :cool:

What do you mean by shoot out more? The nozzles can't be adjusted to shoot out more water. You can only aim them. If you want more coverage, you will have to get another nozzle.

Hopefully doing so many mistings for 6 minutes each time will not over water your plants. Plants can rot if they get too much water for what they need.

Again, every single setup is different and you will have to experiment. Just make sure the cage dries out in between mistings. That is the key.

yeah it's not covering the whole enclosure.

It came with a nozzle lol all i had to do was buy the mister..i wonder can i connect the new nozzle and extend it?

I agree with the longer misting time.
If you can a full few minutes of uninterrupted mist, is better then several
short mists.

The reason is, cham (esp Jax) can be slow to get themselves in position
to drink.

You can test this yourself by simply turning the MistKing on and watching
your cham with a stopwatch.

I do 4 mistings a day, the first one is 3 minutes because it is their first water
of the day, and the last misting is at 3pm and only 1 minute because I get
home from work at 4pm to feed, water, take them out side or free range, and
indulge them in what ever they want to do :cool:

mine is 3 months and i just got him last weekend and they told me try to handle it after 2 weeks. lol he flares up when i try to take him out.. he is so small.

I'm learning folks..so bare with me. I'll remove the nozzle when i get home and see can I extend it with the one that came with the mister.

Anybody about the coverage? Sorry for bumping. Don't they have nozzle extensions? I have my timer set for 5 minute every 3 hours.

yeah it's not covering the whole enclosure.

It came with a nozzle lol all i had to do was buy the mister..i wonder can i connect the new nozzle and extend it?

Yes, just need to make sure the first nozzle in line has a T connection and not the L connection. The standard pump can handle up to 10 nozzles I believe. I run 2 nozzles for my 2'x2'x4' cage to get good coverage.

Anybody about the coverage? Sorry for bumping. Don't they have nozzle extensions? I have my timer set for 5 minute every 3 hours.

The mist really only needs to cover about half of the cage, I think they like it if they are able to get out of the wet area if they choose. I keep my basking area dry at all times. You will just have to turn it on and play with it until you get the mist directed where you want it.

I am a fan of longer misting times as well. I have my lights come on at 6:30 and the first misting starts at 7:00 for 4 minutes. The Chams love it! The rest of my misting are shorter about a minute in duration. I also have lights off @ 7:00 pm and the cage is dry before the lights go out. Love my MistKing!!!!

So how do I have it to spray the whole plant? It only gets 1 side. You have a pic of how yours is set up?

Back
Top Bottom