MistKing timer issues

Extensionofgreen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Any else have a timer easing its cycles and not keeping all of the programmed cycles? My system is about a year old and the timer just started acting up. I've programmed several times and I'm 100% certain I programmed it directly, as I'm very familiar with it.

Are you losing the clock as well? I'm betting there is a battery or capacitor being used to store the settings. I don't believe I saw it mentioned in the setup guide, but most electronics, including your computer have a battery to keep the clock and other settings from being erased. If you out of warranty, see if it's possible to open it up. Or send it back for repair. I'd get a quote as the basic timer isn't all that expensive. May be cheaper than repairing.

I've emailed the company and I'm waiting for what I'm sure will be a satisfactory response. I need another system for my outdoor caging, anyway, so I can just get a new timer with my new system, if needed.
I haven't actually decided what my outdoor system will be as I'd rather have a flash evaporative mist system for cooling and a seperate system for keeping them hydrated, to avoid drowning the plants in the enclosures.

I have been having problems with my timer also. It's goes in and out. The people at mistking said to just toggle the wire. But my timer still goes in and out.

I have been having problems with my timer also. It's goes in and out. The people at mistking said to just toggle the wire. But my timer still goes in and out.

That's unacceptable and unfortunate. Sometimes people aren't around to monitor for timer failures and rely on the timer to function as it is intended to keep our animals hydrated and healthy. I'm leaving for several weeks very soon and will have someone looking after my animals, but I can't chance leaving them with a timer that sometimes work. I would pursue things with MistKing, as they surely don't expect you to have to constantly manipulate your timer to assure normal function.

Back
Top Bottom