MISTKING QUESTION

so I’ve purchased a mist king misting system and was wondering is it okay to run the tubing from the bottom of my cabinet that holds the cage all the way to the top of the enclosure? Will there be constant air bubbles in the lines or will it keep water in the lines between misting?

so I’ve purchased a mist king misting system and was wondering is it okay to run the tubing from the bottom of my cabinet that holds the cage all the way to the top of the enclosure? Will there be constant air bubbles in the lines or will it keep water in the lines between misting?
That’s how I do it and there’s no problem. It is best to have the pump motor a bit below your water reservoir. The only time I have a problem is when my water reservoir gets too low and then I have to disconnect/reconnect at the pump (re prime the pump).

They do sell check valves, but I've never had need of one. The pump itself seems to work as a check valve. Any time air has gotten into the line, the pump has been capable of pushing it out through the nozzles. It should keep the lines full, but if it doesn't, it's not a big deal either. MistKing says:
This is the standard pump. You can use this pump with one nozzle or with 20 nozzles. It can run continuously for hours at a time EVEN DRY! This self priming pump is capable of producing maximum of 125 PSI of pressure. This pump is virtually silent. When operating, You'll be wondering if the pump is even on.
https://www.mistking.com/Standard-Diaphragm-misting-pump-with-zip-drip-valve.html
This has been my experience. No problems.

That’s how I do it and there’s no problem. It is best to have the pump motor a bit below your water reservoir. The only time I have a problem is when my water reservoir gets too low and then I have to disconnect/reconnect at the pump (re prime the pump).
Despite having gone "dry" several times, I've never had that issue. I refill the reservoir and away it goes... I wonder what it is that we're doing differently? :unsure:

They do sell check valves, but I've never had need of one. The pump itself seems to work as a check valve. Any time air has gotten into the line, the pump has been capable of pushing it out through the nozzles. It should keep the lines full, but if it doesn't, it's not a big deal either. MistKing says:

This has been my experience. No problems.

Despite having gone "dry" several times, I've never had that issue. I refill the reservoir and away it goes... I wonder what it is that we're doing differently? :unsure:
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom