MistKing question.

JessG

I’m in the process of looking at a Mistking to order. I know most people get the “nozzle” that sprays a mist. But has anyone tried the Rain nozzle?

I can't say that I have, but I can say the mist nozzle does an awesome job.
I know it’s really popular, while I was looking into misting systems I stumbled upon a YouTube video of the rain nozzle. The girl switched all of her cages to that. It was really neat. Misted the top of cage and made it look like it was raining in the cage!

Yeah I got it, but it's the same nozzle, it just sits on the cage so water droplets form. I actually have all my nozzles just sitting on my cages angled down spraying water for that reason. To me that simulates rain more so than just spraying mist from the corner of the cage. The 'rain drops' seem to get them to drink and bathe more than just misting does IME

Yeah I got it, but it's the same nozzle, it just sits on the cage so water droplets form. I actually have all my nozzles just sitting on my cages angled down spraying water for that reason. To me that simulates rain more so than just spraying mist from the corner of the cage. The 'rain drops' seem to get them to drink and bathe more than just misting does IME
I thought it was two completely different nozzles? So do you have anything inside your cage. Or only one on top? I’m trying to figure out which one to buy. And I’m totally clueless with this lol

Well, there's different nozzles I guess, but they all do the same thing. Just different kinds for how your set up is. I was confused at first too. There's no nozzles in my cages, they all sit on top and spray down through the screen. Many people have them inside though.

Well, there's different nozzles I guess, but they all do the same thing. Just different kinds for how your set up is. I was confused at first too. There's no nozzles in my cages, they all sit on top and spray down through the screen. Many people have them inside though.
I get what your saying. You have the “regular” nozzle, but have it sitting on top of your cage lol. Do you still mist your Chams throughout the day? And how is your humidity level?

I have that same rain nozzle you're talking about among other ones. They all mist, they are just different shapes and styles. For the rain nozzle, most still passes through the screen, so all of my chams get mist into their enclosures. The mistking goes off in the mornings when lights go on and about an hour before lights go off at night. My basking humidity during summer is around 45-50% with ambient reaching around 70-80 with windows open lately. At night it's even higher.

I’m about to set up the rain nozzle on my cage. I’m thinking hanging it up inside the cage. I’m just scared or having water not going thru the mesh.

I’m about to set up the rain nozzle on my cage. I’m thinking hanging it up inside the cage. I’m just scared or having water not going thru the mesh.

Why would you set it up in the cage? All that would do is mist in the cage. The nozzle is meant to sit like a hat on top of the screen. It sprays through the screen creating water droplets on top and giving that rain effect. I can probably get a video for you guys tomorrow if youd like to see how It works.

...unless I'm missing something here, you are talking about this http://www.mistking.com/Adjustable-Rain-Nozzle.html ? No?

Yeah this is the right nozzle. For my set up I can't have the rain nozzle sit on top of the cage for the following reason my light fixture is placed right in the middle of the cage and my basking light is on a corner of the cage. The nozzle doesn't spray in a straight line it sort of creates a V shape spray. I wouldn't want to create an electric hazard for my chameleon or home. So I will try the inside and see how I like it. The video I've seen on youtube I believe the lightning hangs above the rain nozzle could be wrong.

I haven't noticed any difference in misting. One doesn't spray in a straight like, it's just how the nozzles are angled...It even says in the description it is meant to sit on top. I understand you don't want the hazard, but then you could have saved money just getting a regular nozzle and hanging it in the inside middle, pointing down. You basically paid extra for something that will do the same hung inside. But to each their own!, thought I'd know after having about 20 different nozzles and multiple enclosures.

I actually created my own , did a search on amazon and I bought some tee's that have a replaceable screw in misting nozzle then with a bunch of regular tee's I made a dome and looped all of them together with one on top of each of the 5 chameleon cages I have , I used clips and screwed them into the tops of my cages to hold them in place,, now they mist and drip down into the cages and the chams love them, it cost me like $40 for all the supplies including the tubing to do all 5 of the rain domes and have them hooked into my mistking system

Back
Top Bottom