mistking over night instead of fogger

Shrews01

I am wondering if I am overlooking any issues with my planned approach? I plan on not using a fogger overnight and just using my mistking. I have my mistking going off every 1.5 hours for 45 seconds from 1:00am - 5:30am. This has me keeping it in the 80-95% humidity between that time. Is there a reason I am missing that I should use a fogger instead?

I just wasn't sure if I missing out on some benefit of using a fogger over night, maybe droplet size better for hydration or something like that

The only downside of using your Mist King vs a fogger would be maybe overwatering plants and adding to the amount of excess drainage in the enclosure.
Whichever you use, just make sure that your night temps are low enough (below at least 68).

As long as you are getting 80+% humidity either will work. Over watering of the plants and drainage might be a issue though.

my 2¢ is that It's gonna get very wet at that frequency and duration especially if your doing it every night.

Overnight I do a few very small bursts of 5 seconds or so from the mistking to maintain humidity without soaking the entire enclosure.

Using a misting system like the MistKing can be an effective way to maintain humidity levels for your reptiles. The frequency and duration of misting that you have planned should be sufficient to maintain the desired humidity range during the night time hours.

There are a few potential benefits to using a fogger instead of a misting system, including:

1. Increased humidity: Foggers can produce a much denser mist than misting systems, which can help to increase the overall humidity levels in the enclosure.
  2. More natural environment: For some reptiles, a misty, humid environment can be more natural and resemble their natural habitat, which can lead to improved health and wellbeing.
  3. Better dispersal: Foggers can disperse the mist more evenly throughout the enclosure, reducing the risk of hot and dry spots.
That being said, there are also some potential drawbacks to using a fogger, including:

1. Increased maintenance: Foggers can be more difficult to maintain and clean than misting systems, and may require regular cleaning to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
  2. Increased noise: Foggers can be much noisier than misting systems, which could be disruptive to both the reptiles and their keeper.
  3. Increased cost: Foggers can be more expensive than misting systems, and may require additional equipment such as a compressor.
In conclusion, it really comes down to personal preference and the specific needs of your reptiles. If you are happy with the results you are getting from the MistKing, and it is meeting the humidity needs of your reptiles, then there may be no need to switch to a fogger. However, if you are interested in trying a fogger, it may be worth considering the benefits and drawbacks and weighing them against your specific needs and preferences.
I am wondering if I am overlooking any issues with my planned approach? I plan on not using a fogger overnight and just using my mistking. I have my mistking going off every 1.5 hours for 45 seconds from 1:00am - 5:30am. This has me keeping it in the 80-95% humidity between that time. Is there a reason I am missing that I should use a fogger instead?

Back
Top Bottom