Mistking or aquazamp drainage/reservoir pictures?

Bonginator

I am trying to set up my mistking reservoir and drainage system and would love to see how others have set this up including placement of pump and reservoir/drainage buckets....

Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks. I don't see a mistking or aquazamp reservoir or pump in the pics. Do you have one and if so where do you keep it in your setup?

I am trying to get ideas of where to place the reservoir and pump along with a drainage pan or bucket.

I keep mine underneath the cages in a cabinet. You just have to make sure that you have enough clearance for the bucket to open to fill. I'm about to go in to work, but I'll take a few pics when I get home in the morning. One of the cabinets is a sink base cabinet, works perfectly for a cage stand.

I keep mine underneath the cages in a cabinet. You just have to make sure that you have enough clearance for the bucket to open to fill. I'm about to go in to work, but I'll take a few pics when I get home in the morning. One of the cabinets is a sink base cabinet, works perfectly for a cage stand.

Thanks. I'd love to see the pics!

The cage on the left is a ReptiBreeze "large" 18"x18"x36" and the cage on the right is a Dragon Strand Large Breeder 16"x21.5"x44.5"

Twin cage setup

Self filling reservoir
Using a small plastic float valve
I got lucky and was able to push a short length of 1/4 OD water tubing from our existing RO drinking water system along some cat 5 network cable we installed during a remodel several years ago. Now one of my plates in the living room has internet access and drinking water.

Fill bucket upper left, timers upper right, drain bucket lower left, pump lower right
For the drains I used 1/2" clear vinyl tubing and this fitting.

Using a hole saw on a Dragon Strand drainage tray
The hole saw came in handy for installing everything in the Kallax series stuff I got at Ikea, which was great because they have a nice caster wheel kit. It is a little less than 16" deep though.

New resident on the right

The cage on the left is a ReptiBreeze "large" 18"x18"x36" and the cage on the right is a Dragon Strand Large Breeder 16"x21.5"x44.5"

Twin cage setup

Self filling reservoir
I got lucky and was able to push a short length of 1/4 OD water tubing from our existing RO drinking water system along some cat 5 network cable we installed during a remodel several years ago. Now one of my plates in the living room has internet access and drinking water.

Fill bucket upper left, timers upper right, drain bucket lower left, pump lower right

The hole saw came in handy for installing everything in the Kallax series stuff I got at Ikea, which was great because they have a nice caster wheel kit. It is a little less than 16" deep though.

Your setup looks great. Very tidy.

I looked at the Ikea units and was wondering which one your ordered. The depth on all that I saw was 15 3/4" but it looks like your 18 x18x36 cage fits on the top with no overhang. Do you mind sending a link to the unit you ordered?

Thanks!

No, there is overhang. That actually works out okay because the drain protrudes out of the bottom of the drain tray, in the back. The Kallax series from Ikea is linked above and is 15 3/4" deep, so I have a few inches of overhang. It isn't exactly tidy behind the scenes, I'll try to put up a picture later.

There is drinking water and power coming from the wall. It is probably hard to sort out what is visible but the overhang is hard to miss.

Attachments

• back of cage.jpg
    back of cage.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Been working 12 hour night shifts, so please forgive the messiness. :)

This one has two pumps attached. One on the top of the bucket one at the bottom. Misting geckos at night and pygmy enclosures during the day.

20150405_143429_resized.jpg

20150405_143410_resized.jpg

20150405_143332_resized.jpg

20150405_143312(0)_resized.jpg

There is drinking water and power coming from the wall. It is probably hard to sort out what is visible but the overhang is hard to miss.

I see. Very nice setup. I have an 18 x 18 x 36 cage now for my 4 month old that is coming. I will upgrade it to an XL cage once he is more mature and then go for a classy setup like yours. I really like the way it looks. Right now, I am setting everything up on stainless steel shelving. I can move things around quite easily and hone the setup before taking the more permanent plunge like you have done.

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to post all of the pictures. It is very helpful.

This is my first Cham so trying to learn from other's mistakes and successes ;-)

Here's my setup, simple but getting the job done.

Dragonstand drain pan same as APailthorp but I'm running a raindome. I cut a hole in mine as well and put a 1" bulkhead in.

Twin cage setup

Self filling reservoir

Wow! Great post. Very well thought out system. I prefer more ventilation with my setups but I understand it depends on where one lives. I dig the float setup and thanks for posting the link for that.

Oh I forgot to say that your "new resident" is beautiful...

Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks, I'm rather fond of him myself. He's Gustav.

Wow! Great post. Very well thought out system. I prefer more ventilation with my setups but I understand it depends on where one lives. I dig the float setup and thanks for posting the link for that.
Thank you. More ventilation? My efforts are only a few weeks in progress, how do you keep high humidity for a montane like my new baby quad? Where are you?

My mist system runs 2 minutes at 8 AM, 5 at 10 AM, 2 at noon, 1 at 3 PM, and 1 at 5 PM. For the smaller cage, there are three mist heads inside the cage and two more dropping water outside on top for a rain patch. There are several plants, some fake vines, and everything gets wet. There is a dripper doing a constant 1 drop per second and an ultrasonic humidifier.

I have a hygrometer with a remote sensor but measurements vary greatly depending on placement of the sensor and how much direct water has landed near by.

Happy to share links.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'm rather fond of him myself. He's Gustav.

Thank you. More ventilation? My efforts are only a few weeks in progress, how do you keep high humidity for a montane like my new baby quad? Where are you?

My mist system runs 2 minutes at 8 AM, 5 at 10 AM, 2 at noon, 1 at 3 PM, and 1 at 5 PM. For the smaller cage, there are three mist heads inside the cage and two more dropping water outside on top for a rain patch. There are several plants, some fake vines, and everything gets wet. There is a dripper doing a constant 1 drop per second and an ultrasonic humidifier.

I have a hydrometer with a remote sensor but measurements vary greatly depending on placement of the sensor and how much direct water has landed near by.

Happy to share links.

Wow that's a lot of hydration.

I live in Southern California about 2 miles from the beach. I have never worried about humidity levels and never monitor them. I have been keeping montanes for 20 years or so. In my opinion if they get misted long enough to drink at least twice a day I'm good. I lengthen or shorten misting times and frequency depending on our current weather. Hydration is good but too much can cause problems both with your chameleon and in it's environment.

I like how you have nothing on the bottom of your cages. I see this more and more with people's setups. I think it is a good way to keep the cage clean and eliminate potential problems. Now if someone can figure out a better cage bottom...

Did you get a Quad from Tylene?

Back
Top Bottom