Mistking nozzle on Monsoon Solo II

timber64

I have a misting dilemma!! When I put together my new 2X2X4 enclosure recently, I already had a relatively new Exo Terra Monsoon Solo II, and couldn't quite justify the additional cost to upgrade to Mistking (as much as I want one!!). I also have a fogger for overnight humidity (so that's not a concern).

I have 2 nozzles on the Monsoon and it's OK but I find while my cham gets enough water opportunity from it, the plants across the entire enclosure are not getting proper coverage. I've seen comparisons showing that the Mistking nozzles provide a much finer and wider spray than the Monsoon.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to use Mistking nozzles on an Exo Terra Monsoon. I believe the tubing and connections are all the same, right? Would the Monsoon provide enough power for 2 Mistking nozzles?

Just wondering if this could be a stop-gap till I can justify the full upgrade to Mistking.

Hi I have a monsoon multi. when I ran it in the beginning it was a spray and freaked my girl so when I upgraded her enclosure I changed to 1 mistking nozzel ( which mists ) and doesn't really freak her out but the monsoon doesn't have the pressure with the mistking nozzel to cover as much of the enclosure imo and every now and again the system stops working. I don't know what the prices are in the us but monsoon multi is roughly the same price as a mistking starter. Now having said this i only run 1 nozzel (maybe if I added a second nozzel) the pressure may work better and not stop the system backing up. How many nozzles are you running with the solo?

O me bad see you have 2 nozzels .
Yes, I have 2 single nozzles currently. I would like to use 2 double Mistking nozzles but that's probably being over-aggressive to expect Monsoon to handle that. Keep in mind, I'm only running the Monsoon Solo II, not even the Multi.

See mine might be backing up as I'm only using one nozzel . It does work and only cuts off every couple of months. But referring back to your question with the mistking nozzel on my multi, only sprays about a foot . What size is your enclosure. Do you have any pictures

I think making use of the monsoon until it dies of natural causes makes sense. OR, upgrading and keeping the monsoon for a backup.

In a 24x24x48, 2 MK nozzles on a MK system are sufficient. IDK for sure, but I might try 2 MK nozzles on your monsoon and see what happens. If it strains the pump, I'd stop.

The effect on my cham never occurred to me. He likes the MK mist. When it turns on, he comes out from wherever he is and aligns himself to get a little "shower" head-on.

I have a misting dilemma!! When I put together my new 2X2X4 enclosure recently, I already had a relatively new Exo Terra Monsoon Solo II, and couldn't quite justify the additional cost to upgrade to Mistking (as much as I want one!!). I also have a fogger for overnight humidity (so that's not a concern).

I have 2 nozzles on the Monsoon and it's OK but I find while my cham gets enough water opportunity from it, the plants across the entire enclosure are not getting proper coverage. I've seen comparisons showing that the Mistking nozzles provide a much finer and wider spray than the Monsoon.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to use Mistking nozzles on an Exo Terra Monsoon. I believe the tubing and connections are all the same, right? Would the Monsoon provide enough power for 2 Mistking nozzles?

Just wondering if this could be a stop-gap till I can justify the full upgrade to Mistking.
Hiya! Hope you’re having a good week!

Just wanted to see if you managed to run a mistking nozzle on the monsoon successfully?

Also, I’m trying to set up a monsoon at the moment and struggling to set up the timing schedule as it’s limited. How have you configured yours? Did you add a separate timer?

Any pointers would be amazing!

thank you,

katy :)

Hi @timber64 iuse mk nozzel on my monsoon multi ( as I found the spray from the exo nozzels freaking my girl out) she doesn't mind the spray from the mk nozzel though the spray doesn't go far ( i only have 1 nozzel)and only goes around 1foot imo the monsoon doesn't have enough pressure/ power for the finer mk nozzel

Hiya! Hope you’re having a good week!

Just wanted to see if you managed to run a mistking nozzle on the monsoon successfully?

Also, I’m trying to set up a monsoon at the moment and struggling to set up the timing schedule as it’s limited. How have you configured yours? Did you add a separate timer?

Any pointers would be amazing!

thank you,

katy :)
Sorry I didn’t go that route. Instead I just bought the entire MistKing system and never looked back. Maybe I’ll use the Monsoon on the patio for outdoor spray! Lol

what I did for the timer though was set it to always on and then use a smart plug to control all the on/off times. Works great

Hi @timber64 iuse mk nozzel on my monsoon multi ( as I found the spray from the exo nozzels freaking my girl out) she doesn't mind the spray from the mk nozzel

Back
Top Bottom