Mistking Issue?

MegaWattz

Hey all so I just got my starter system set up, waiting on a second nozzle assembly. Now I don't have a zip drip since I have enclosure drainage but noticed in testing the spray there are full water beads dripping from included nozzle. Is this an issue/bad nozzle/install or just a standard result?

Attachments

• 20190531_234529.jpg
    20190531_234529.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20190531_234531.jpg
    20190531_234531.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 135
I don't have a mistking so held off hoping a mistking owner would answer.

What I can say is that mine drips a little after running. Whilst the pump has switched off, the water already in the pipes is still under some pressure. It will drip until the pressure equalises. It doesn't drip all the time, only this period after the pump shuts off.

nope mine drips a few times after spraying... You have your nozzle at a horizontal angle. Try to angle the tip down just slightly so it does not hold the water in it. Also you don't want it spraying the top to the lights.

Hey hun. I took a pic of mine so you could see what I mean by the angle. Mine will usually drip about 3-4 times then is done.
IMG_3172.JPG

Without the zip-drip it will have a few drops each time. I have the zip-drip and there is almost never any dripping after it shuts off. Not sure if there is any real benefit other than that, but I have no complaints.

I also have a Mistking with Zip drip and love it. Like @Decadancin I also have no dripping once the pump stops. I don’t believe the angle of the nozzles matter it’s probably just whatever water is still left in the lines and after that it should stop because I can’t see how you would get water moving through the pump and into your lines if it’s off.

Without the zip drip if you do not angle the nozzle it takes longer for it to stop dripping. That is why I have mine more angled.

Okay so angle down. My only concern is it is dripping WHILE misting is it supposed to do that?
Nope should not drip while misting. Try the angle down and see if it stops that. How long have you had it up and running and what kind of water are you using?

Nope should not drip while misting. Try the angle down and see if it stops that. How long have you had it up and running and what kind of water are you using?
It's brand new, it arrived Thursday and I set it up that evening. The resevoir has distilled water.

So tried changing angle that didn't fix it but did clearly show the drip was not coming from the nozzle hole but from what looks like a spot that is a wrench tightening spot. Tried tightening that but it appears to be solely cosmetic. Suspecting that there must be a verrrrry tiny hole or gap in the plastic. I have a second nozzle coming tomorrow instead of adding it I will swap them and see if there is a difference, seems like a manufacture defect tho.

So tried changing angle that didn't fix it but did clearly show the drip was not coming from the nozzle hole but from what looks like a spot that is a wrench tightening spot. Tried tightening that but it appears to be solely cosmetic. Suspecting that there must be a verrrrry tiny hole or gap in the plastic. I have a second nozzle coming tomorrow instead of adding it I will swap them and see if there is a difference, seems like a manufacture defect tho.
Sounds like it because there should not be water coming out anywhere but the nozzle head.

Sounds like it because there should not be water coming out anywhere but the nozzle head.
Yep new nozzle works fine and after removing the original I found a gap that I can just get the edge of my fingernail into where it should be flush. It looks like it could be tightened by a wrench but it can't so I have contacted Jungle Hobbies to see if they will replace the faulty part even though their warranty specifically excludes the nozzles.

Back
Top Bottom