Mistking Hygrostat

swell reptiles seem to be good. I dont have a mistking program ability looks good compared to exo terra monsoon. This is English company not sure where you are

I have one that I accidentally ordered and never returned a few years ago. Have been just holding onto it incase I ever have use for it. Haven't tried it yet TBH lol

swell reptiles seem to be good. I dont have a mistking program ability looks good compared to exo terra monsoon. This is English company not sure where you are
I've ordered from swell reptiles yes theyre good i've also purchased supplies from global geckos which also have a great selection of stuff i also bought my sambava panther from them :)

Hi just got first repti breeze. 2x2x4 so how efficient realistically is a fogger in this type of enclosure

Hi just got first repti breeze. 2x2x4 so how efficient realistically is a fogger in this type of enclosure
since its screen you'll want some sort of insulator around the sides so it fogs up just with the screen cage IME it barely fogs up at all

Anyone using the Mistking Hygrostat? https://www.mistking.com/Hygrostat-Thermometer-HT-24.html

Was just wondering if this is a good way to maintain close to 100% nighttime humidity?
These are decent but imho if your cham keeping, just get the seconds timer, not only is it cheaper but its better suited for cham keeping. They also are known to bust when the prob gets hit with mist and will throw off your readings if misted too long. I owned mine for about a year and 2 months and out of no where it just stopped pumping water... still functioned perfectly fine, red as if it was pumping water and had accurate temp and humidity readings but was pretty useless as i couldn't get it to mist with the hydrostat connected. I was only 2 months out of warranty too! I never tampered with it since i initially set it up so I'm kinda upset with mistking atm ??? so ya in conclusion...get a seconds timer

Personally imo why not run a repti fogger or habistat humidifier at night less disruption that a mister mine gets pretty high quick in exo terra though

☝️☝️Yes i agree^^ Moded humidifier is a GREAT way to go, while i still believe mister is needed a humidifier will keep your levels up.

Also if your having trouble maintaining humidity seal the back, and [depending on where you live] both sides with acrylic sheeting, garbage bags or even plastic dropcloth if your on a budget. Live plants will also help keep humidity up!

Why run a mister at night cham should be sleeping while running a fogger /humidifier they can hydrate

I had a MistKing Hygrostat that I ran in my setup for just a few weeks. The problem with the hygrostat is that because it is on "autopilot", sensing the humidity in the cage, you have less control over how often and how much it runs. I found that it ran too often and the cage never got a chance to dry so within just a week or two I had a significant mold/rot problem.

It would probably work really well in a greenhouse environment but in a house with A/C, air currents, etc the hygrostat wasn't really measuring the moisture levels in the cage, it was more measuring the humidity in the air of the house even though the hygrostat was well inside the cage. It was a bit of a catch-22, I wanted good airflow through the screens of my cage to keep my cham healthy but that airflow kept exposing the hygrostat sensor to the less humid air of the rest of the house so the misters would kick on well before the cage environment needed it.

As tempting as it is to go with the Hygrostat and be able to "set it and forget it", you are better off sticking with the MistKing seconds timer and having more direct control that you can easily adjust. Trying to adjust by humidity percentage is a lot harder than just adding or subtracting a few seconds of misting time to the timer (or I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to manage it via humidity percentage...).

[I currently have mine listed on Ebay since it has been sitting a drawer for about a month since I bought and installed a seconds timer. If you really want to give one a try, shoot me a direct message and I'll send you the link to the ebay listing. (I don't want to post it on a main thread and be accused of behaving like a spamboy).]

I had a MistKing Hygrostat that I ran in my setup for just a few weeks. The problem with the hygrostat is that because it is on "autopilot", sensing the humidity in the cage, you have less control over how often and how much it runs. I found that it ran too often and the cage never got a chance to dry so within just a week or two I had a significant mold/rot problem.

It would probably work really well in a greenhouse environment but in a house with A/C, air currents, etc the hygrostat wasn't really measuring the moisture levels in the cage, it was more measuring the humidity in the air of the house even though the hygrostat was well inside the cage. It was a bit of a catch-22, I wanted good airflow through the screens of my cage to keep my cham healthy but that airflow kept exposing the hygrostat sensor to the less humid air of the rest of the house so the misters would kick on well before the cage environment needed it.

As tempting as it is to go with the Hygrostat and be able to "set it and forget it", you are better off sticking with the MistKing seconds timer and having more direct control that you can easily adjust. Trying to adjust by humidity percentage is a lot harder than just adding or subtracting a few seconds of misting time to the timer (or I'm just not smart enough to figure out how to manage it via humidity percentage...).

[I currently have mine listed on Ebay since it has been sitting a drawer for about a month since I bought and installed a seconds timer. If you really want to give one a try, shoot me a direct message and I'll send you the link to the ebay listing. (I don't want to post it on a main thread and be accused of behaving like a spamboy).]

Couldnt have said it better myself! You actually end up wasting ALOT of water, i might as well list mine too, while it does still measure temp and humidity fine it wont pump the water... idk what is wrong with the thing, i never tampered with it since i set it up. The only POSSIBLE thing i can think of is, i mounted the unit to my drainage tray and when the mister went of it would SLIGHTLY leave some water droplets ontop of the device. I mean i would usually wipe it off whenever i saw it but its possible some got in there and created a short or something? But ya for cham keeping SECONDS TIMER ALL DAY i love it! Up to 9 programs! I currently use 4 and i save SO MUCH water, while still keeping it humid. I CANT WAIT for my dragonstrand to come, i can switch to all live plants which i think will make him feel much more comfortable! ?

Back
Top Bottom