Mistking first impresions

daveo

Established Member
After a delayed shipment, stupid UPS, my Mistking finally arrived. Since I keep seeing everybody loving this system, but I have yet to see a formal review, I thought I would write one. So I am going to do this in steps. Just got it in the mail and upon opening I was met with tons of Styrofoam peanuts. I hate this stuff, however I understand the need for proper packaging so I guess I will forgive the crime of nasty peanuts. I purchased the value unit. In it I received a bag with the nozzles and fittings,a bag with a power supply, a coil of tubing and a pump. I have been in the reef keeping hobby for many years and have used many pumps in my time. I can say that without a doubt that this pump is the nicest I have seen for this kind of money. I would expect a pump of this quality to cost at least as much as an Iwata main pump which is on the order of 200 to 300 dollars. It is a nice heavy duty unit that I am sure will be up to the task of misting my Cham. I was a little put of by the JST connector on the pump. I am also an RC car nut and I know that those types of connectors have a lot of electrical resistance associated with them. I will probably replace the connector with a zero loss unit once I get everything up and running. this is really a nit pick and a zero loss connector is probably overkill, but being an electrical engineer I tend to over engineer things:p. The nozzles seemed to be of good quality plastic, and I know they work as there is water in the bag they came in suggesting that they were tested before being shipped. Nice :). I ran the pump for a second just to hear how loud it was and it is extremely quiet. Again quite impressive for a pump of this price. I will be mounting this in my enclosure in the near future and I am building a custom box to house the mist king in just so it looks good sitting in my study. As soon as I have anything further I will post pictures and more comments. So far I say great job Marty!

funny you mention the water in the nozzels, i do believe they test them, cause funny story, when i was playing with one i decided to blow into it and squirted water all over my laptop, kinda freaked me out but the laptop is fine LoL.
on a side note what type rc and u into i too enjoy the hobby, so $$$$ tho i had to take a break but still have 3 nitros and a bunch of electrics all cars and trucks, tinking about getting into boats now.

You aint kidding about RC being expensive! I am a boat and car guy myself. I have a brushless sv 27 lots of fun, but I hate it when the battery dies and it is in the middle of the lake. Other than that I have 1 gas powered 1/4 scale buggy, three 1/8th scale nitro monster trucks and about 6 1/10th scale electric vehicles of various types.

Rc isn't cheap, lol i have a hpi baja 5b about $2000 into it a traxxas slash 4x4 and a 1/10 rock crawler in mid assembly.

I too do RC car racing. I am the president of MARCCA here in Wisconsin.

Just getting into cham keeping but it will be cheaper for sure. They also run quieter than my nitro truggy.

ok oldmann, What is MARCCA? How can there be RC car racing in Wisconsin and I don't know about it. You MUST tell me!!!! By the way this has nothing to do with my Mistking!

You aint kidding about RC being expensive! I am a boat and car guy myself. I have a brushless sv 27 lots of fun, but I hate it when the battery dies and it is in the middle of the lake. Other than that I have 1 gas powered 1/4 scale buggy, three 1/8th scale nitro monster trucks and about 6 1/10th scale electric vehicles of various types.

i know what your saying about the boats and batteries, i got a real boat last year so now i figure i have a way to go get it.
currently i have
hpi savage w .32 big block
hpi rs4 with .21HO
Losi nirto buggy
AE rc18t
tamiya tt01
axial rock crawler ( mostly custom )
and some others i cant remember right now
fun hobby but expensive,

oh and i love my Mistking too LOL

I love RC too. I'm into planes, but due to lack of time I don't fly. Would be nice to have a nitro car or a boat. Anyone wants to trade? My son is car obsessed and it would be fun to ride with him...although he's only 4.5 yo :)

Well if you want to talk horsepower...
I have a 17.3 9year old. Holsteiner Mare imported from Europe.
And I bet she costs more to run than anything mechanical :)
Sorry, I know that wasn't interesting or funny to anyone other than another horse person

I just started RC myself a couple of months (and scores of repairs) ago myself; planes and heli's.

You are going to like having automated misting.

Sorry, I know that wasn't interesting or funny to anyone other than another horse person

I appreciated it! hehehe. :D
And I'm very jealous. I don't have a horse because its so expensive.

Lol. It was funny. Wow your horse is tall! My mom imported some Fresians from the Netherlands and man those things were beasts. Horses=$$$$$$$$$$$$ hahaha.
And thanks for the review. I'm probably going to be getting an automister soon.

I just ordered a mist king also...we will set up the enclosure once it gets here.

I am also an RC nut...actually I have no idea how many cars my son and I have :D But other than our 4x4 slashes I spend most of my RC time building and competing in RC rock crawling btw comp and scale rigs I have 10+ crawlers alone

Well after many months of research and construction, I finally got the mistking up and running in my enclosure. It is awesome. It is quiet, the nozzles don't drip and the timer is amazing. In the spirit of full disclosure I had a small issue with the timer, but Marty came to my rescue and even offered a warranty after I had fiddled with it. What a guy! My Jackson's loves it when it goes off. He knows the schedule and waits for the shower. I know he drinks, his urate is bright and white and I have actually seen him drink. Over all the quality of this product is excellent and i would recommend it to anyone starting out. it makes life much easier and I feel more confident about having sucess with my little Greggory!

Back
Top Bottom