Mistking - am I missing something??

Arpretty

Avid Member
Trying to set up my Mistking and it’s just not adding up.... I could very well be super stupid but.... I feel like I’m missing something? I don’t know how to hook the timer up.

Picture of my supplies: Left side is the standard system, Right side is the timer.

Picture of instructions: Circled the gold multi-plug thing that I don’t seem to have. I also do not have a ZipDrip.
Help??! 1CDE22E6-BCA8-4256-A724-D2B34C43B376.jpeg
CB8453EE-F80C-409E-A07D-0A014B36CF01.jpeg

If you read the instructions it will tell you the zipdrip is not included, unless you ordered it with one. Is it the starter version?

Yes this is the starter!!! Jeez I am so dumb 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I am pretty sure I got it figured out. Lol stay tuned. Thank you for jumping in to help! I did not order the zip drip so I guess the labeling on that power line threw me off.

Yes this is the starter!!! Jeez I am so dumb 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I am pretty sure I got it figured out. Lol stay tuned. Thank you for jumping in to help! I did not order the zip drip so I guess the labeling on that power line threw me off.
I feel you on that one, it threw me off too hahaha

I have a zip drip and could not get it to work correctly. It is made to reduce the drips at the end of Misting and reduce line pressure. Honestly I have not tried to install it again as it works A ok without it and my plants don't mind the extra droplets.

I struggled hard and had people post photos of their assembly. Turns out I was missing a t valve so it was a lost cause. Anyhow don't feel pressured to buy the zip drip Its so not needed in most set ups.

Question - is the starter system ok to plug into a power strip? Other items on the strip would be timers for lights.

Question - is the starter system ok to plug into a power strip? Other items on the strip would be timers for lights.
Yes, it's fine.

I'm guessing the biggest power suckers on that strip are your basking & plant lights, followed by UVB. If that's it, no problem.

Regarding the MK, do provide the recommended tubing between supply reservoir and pump, and elevating the reservoir above the pump. Both will help prime the system initially and whenever changes need to be made or the power goes out. BT-DT.

Yes, it's fine.

I'm guessing the biggest power suckers on that strip are your basking & plant lights, followed by UVB. If that's it, no problem.

Regarding the MK, do provide the recommended tubing between supply reservoir and pump, and elevating the reservoir above the pump. Both will help prime the system initially and whenever changes need to be made or the power goes out. BT-DT.
I am considering adding a second strip... it’s a standard dual wall socket but would be using two strips. Just because I have each item on a separate timer for a different duration (heat, UVB, LED, MK, fogger). Electrically speaking, is this an issue?? Using two power strips?

I am considering adding a second strip... it’s a standard dual wall socket but would be using two strips. Just because I have each item on a separate timer for a different duration (heat, UVB, LED, MK, fogger). Electrically speaking, is this an issue?? Using two power strips?
It depends on the total power consumption of everything going into that outlet. It also depends on how your outlets are wired (same circuit or different). If they're on the same circuit, it's recommended no more than 1500W (or 15 amps) be plugged into an outlet (both plugs together).

I would combine as many of those items onto as few timers as possible, or consider a programmable electronic timer that can handle multiple items at different timing intervals. I don't use one, so I can't recommend any. Some also use smart plugs (no experience with those either).

Back
Top Bottom