MistKing - Adjustable Rain Nozzle

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
I'm planning on getting a MistKing system very soon. I would like to avoid having to cut a hole into my enclosure to set it up and came across the adjustable rain nozzle as a possible solution. Has anyone tried using it before? Would you recommend it? RainNozzle-detail1.jpg

You could make your own with the nozzle it comes with. Small tupperware bowl and a drill is all you'd need to make it. Drill a hole in the bowl for the bulkhead to go through then angle the nozzle down.

You could make your own with the nozzle it comes with. Small tupperware bowl and a drill is all you'd need to make it. Drill a hole in the bowl for the bulkhead to go through then angle the nozzle down.
Oooooh good thinking! Might have to try that out.

Yeah I saw that video. It looks super awesome :) I was hoping to get some other opinions/insights before getting it.

Yeah I saw that video. It looks super awesome :) I was hoping to get some other opinions/insights before getting it.
Well she did say in her blogs. That she still mist by hand. But it is to help her chams to drink so she dont have to use a dripper. She said she dont have to mist as much. But depending on what cham she has. She stills mist because of humidity. Some of her chama need different levels of Humidity. Hope that helps some.

Last edited:
If the nozzles are in your viv, did you have to cut the mesh of the enclosure? I’m trying to leave my enclosure intact.
Yes but they give you a small corner of plastic to use to support the area around the hole so it doesn’t damage you screen any further than you already have to damage it to install the nozzle.

But I do like dshuld’s idea! simple, free, and I’m sure it will work, that’s hard to beat!

Yes but they give you a small corner of plastic to use to support the area around the hole so it doesn’t damage you screen any further than you already have to damage it to install the nozzle.

But I do like dshuld’s idea! simple, free, and I’m sure it will work, that’s hard to beat!

In all fairness, the credit is not mine to take for the idea lol. It is something I've seen many others do to replicate the aquazamp raindome. When I made Blue's "rain heads" I used sections of gutter and put the nozzle through an end cap so it sprayed the length of the gutter section. It does work very well keeping the mist from floating elsewhere and creates nice rain drops while it runs. Also leaves nice big drops collected on top of the cage for the cham to drink from for a couple hours after the misting. This is from around the time I got Blue last year but shows what mine is like some what. You can see the collected water after the misting at least lol.
20171114_211007.jpg

Last edited:

I bought my enclosure used, and turns out it already has this plastic corner installed on it Whoops haha

I don't have a specific rain nozzle, but my panther loves when I mist from over top the screen because it simulates rainfall and does a better job encouraging him to drink. I would love to get one of these, but my problem with them is that I don't think there's any room left for it on top of my enclosure with everything else haha

Man I would love to have dones something like this but like @Syreptyon said I don't think I could fit it with the lights and things.

I didn't want to cut holes in my cages for fear of runaway food.

Man I would love to have dones something like this but like @Syreptyon said I don't think I could fit it with the lights and things.

I didn't want to cut holes in my cages for fear of runaway food.

What's the top of your cage look like and what size do you have? Blue's cage is a diy but the size of two xl's together. I have a sunblaze 46, two of those gutters and a cockeyed 5.5" dome on top lol.

I have the t5 with the dome and a dripper but could probably ditch the dripper since I would have this. Reptibreeze 24×24×48. Forgot to add that sorry.

You've posted your cage some where before right? May be able to wiggle something in if I saw the top lol.

I think the problem for me is that the t5 runs at an angle across the top and I think this would be best to put close to the middle. I might be able to do let side back a bit might just need to make a smaller ring. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom