Misting

Jd♂️♂️

Established Member
Ok I been hearing mix things about misting what’s everybody schedule for misting cause I been misting during the day not for long twice during the day for a duration of. 2 minute an night time lights off for 3 min I’m doin this correct ?

Hey welcome. It’s different for everyone, depending on your climate. If you check out the chameleon academy he has a hydration strategy/schedule I found to be very helpful! https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-environment/
I live in upstate ny I been just misting during the day not at nite I been hearing misting at night is more better but I tried that an my Cham constantly looked dehydrated so went back to my old schedule it works but I’m worried about respiratory infection …

"Cham constantly looked dehydrated"? How would this look?

The most important misting time is before your lights go off at night

Google it what they look like when they dehydrated asking for help for misting schedule not what my Cham looks like not tryin sound like a dick

I mist during the day. To be exact I have a misting 15 minutes after lights come on and then another one around 4pm and 6:15pm prior to lights off. My cham will not drink consistently from a dripper and if you are misting at night you are hoping for hydration through breathing in the cold humidity. And then drinking from a dripper during the day.

I also live in a very dry climate so I have to mist during the day to increase my daytime humidity to where it needs to be.

I think this is one of those husbandry practices that really needs to be fitted to the chameleon.

I mist during the day. To be exact I have a misting 15 minutes after lights come on and then another one around 4pm and 6:15pm prior to lights off. My cham will not drink consistently from a dripper and if you are misting at night you are hoping for hydration through breathing in the cold humidity. And then drinking from a dripper during the day.

I also live in a very dry climate so I have to mist during the day to increase my daytime humidity to where it needs to be.

I think this is one of those husbandry practices that really needs to be fitted to the chameleon.
I’m sticking to my old misting schedule thank you for this

Back
Top Bottom