Misting with Screen Cage

samfish

When misting my screen cage, alot of water gets through the screen and onto the walls behind my cage.

Does anyone have any solutions for this

Is there some type of plastic I could use? What is the best way to cut and attach it?

For shower curtain, to avoid damaging the screen I would use some magnets. They won't stick to the screen so you would need some that you can stick both inside and outside to hold each other up. You should be able to find magnets at home improvement stores, on Amazon, etc.

You could also wrap the curtain around 3 sides, tuck the bottom under the cage, and weigh it down on top.

There are other methods but personally those are my favorites.

Where can you get the custom printed background on Latex Fabric? That sounds cool but I have never heard of it!

I use wax coated freezer paper, cut to length & taped on the outside of the cage!

You should look at the new Dragonstrand cages, they have a clear PVC plastic for walls for just the problem you described. Pretty neat and I got to see one up close at a reptile show

I second OldChamKeeper's comment if you're open to a new cage. I have a Dragon Strand breeder series cage and I love it.

I've been using painter plastic for almost 2 years now. It's very light weight and cheap. I use blue painters tape to attach it. Makes it easy to remove.
Also it's a great bearer if you have cages side by side.
Helps with humidity too.

Last edited:
As a new Chameleon keeper this thread is great information, will the plastic limit the air flow and cause any of the problems with stagnate air ?

i am thinking about putting the plastic on just the back side of the mesh cage i have my chameleon in as the monsoon mister i am looking at getting might make a real mess of my walls when it sprays the cage down.
any thoughts on how to help keep the water in the cage and off the walls would be great help.

I have not had any problems with air flow.
In the winter I wrap 3 sides in plastic to help with humidity.

Back
Top Bottom