Misting Systems

userBandit

Hey guys! I am looking for a system that i can use to mist my chameleon automatically that isn't too expensive. I looked into the Mist King and it seems really complicated and expensive and was just wondering if there are any better and cheaper products that i can use to mist my giant chameleon enclosure.

Also, how do i keep water from spewing out of the cage when its being misted with something like the Mist King? I don't want water on the carpet or my bed which is right beside her enclosure. Thats a bacteria waiting to happen!

You can always diy it, but its still going to be $70+. You would need a RO booster pump which is $$$, the rest of the system is like $30.

Hey guys! I am looking for a system that i can use to mist my chameleon automatically that isn't too expensive. I looked into the Mist King and it seems really complicated and expensive and was just wondering if there are any better and cheaper products that i can use to mist my giant chameleon enclosure.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-jokes.156191/page-9#post-1648765

There have been threads here—and vids on YT—on cobbling together DIY systems using the same pump/s MK uses. The problem is building/finding a timer with the same functionality (though their timer can be purchased separately—I wouldn't know about wiring it in to a DIY system).

I also don't know why, but MK also seems to have better nozzles than many/most off-the-shelf greenhouse misters.

That said, while a MK costs (roughly) twice what a ReptiRain costs, MK's warranty is also twice as long (2Yr. for MK pump; 1 yr. for ReptiRain; IDK what Monsoon's is).

I (and I'm sure many others) investigated this very issue when setting up my enclosure. I came to the conclusion that—for me—the MK was worth it to get a reliable product without all the hassles of trying to replicate, assemble, wire, shipping, etc., etc. YMMV.

Also, how do i keep water from spewing out of the cage when its being misted with something like the Mist King? I don't want water on the carpet or my bed which is right beside her enclosure. Thats a bacteria waiting to happen!
You aim the nozzles carefully. ;)

With a hybrid enclosure, errant mist is minimized by the solid walls, and aimed into the enclosure from the front. With a screened enclosure, hanging (basically) a shower curtain on the outside will stop errant mist. Many folks have to do this with screened enclosures anyway just to achieve & maintain humidity.

thanks all i ordered a mist king. it will be here tomorrow.
Great choice and don't worry about floors getting wet. The mist is soo fine I have found nothing around his cage ends up wet. Only time there is a drip is if I have nozzle pointed to close to an object. The mk system is awesome.

MistKing is definitely the way to go. I'll leave this video here for anyone else doing research on a MistKing:

Also the timer can be tricky to set up so here is my video about that too:

Great choice and don't worry about floors getting wet. The mist is soo fine I have found nothing around his cage ends up wet. Only time there is a drip is if I have nozzle pointed to close to an object. The mk system is awesome.
I was going to window lit her enclosure because of this! Would that still be okay?

For me, the MIST KING was cheap after I spent much more money farting around trying to make other things work almost as well.

Back
Top Bottom