Misting Schedule

Well, many factors can be taken into consideration, like the species, the humidity levels, signs of dehydration, etc...
Mine are set up as follows: Mister 1 is set up to mist for about 30 seconds every 4hrs. Mister 2 is set up to mist for 60secs. Avery 6hrs.

I, personally, believe in a couple long mistings a day, way better than lots of little ones. In the wild it rarely rains several times a day for 30 seconds or a minute. Besides, in my experience it seems as if my chameleons don't really start drinking for a minute or two anyway. So I like to give them plenty of time to drink. This is considering that I have panthers and a Jackson who all seem to really enjoy water. My veiled, not so much, so she gets a little less a day.

I mist-
~7am Lights come on
8am - 20 minute misting
1pm - 5 minute misting
4pm - 15 minute misting
~5:30pm lights out

Olimpia,
How do you contain your water with the long misting. Is it necessary to have dripper going along with the misters or just the mister alone?
I am getting a 24x24x36 cage and was wondering how many mister will be needed.

i mist alot for my chams
i have 6 settings a day ranging from 15mins(3 of those) to a 30 seconds(3 of those)

I just got my mistking set up yesterday. Before that i was misting for a couple minutes at lights on (7). Then my mom would do a few while i was at work and i would do another 2 or 3 minutes at 5.

But now that i have this... Its set for.

7 AM 2 1/2 minuets

8 AM 45 seconds

10 AM 1 minute

11 AM 1 minute

12 PM 2 and a half minutes

2 PM 1 minute

4 PM 45 seconds

5 PM 2 1/2 mintes.

i live in utah and its pretty dry in the winter. Plus my room is in the basement so i have keep a heater on in my room most of the day to keep it at 65 which dries it out more so thats why i set so many times to help with the humidity.

Olimpia,
How do you contain your water with the long misting. Is it necessary to have dripper going along with the misters or just the mister alone?
I am getting a 24x24x36 cage and was wondering how many mister will be needed.

I had the cages set up on drainage tables, and had holes drilled on the bottom of the cage so that all the water passed through the cage, through the tables, and into a bucket that I could dump out. It takes a lot of ingenuity to deal with all the water but I personally think that long mistings work better for me than lots of short ones. You will only need one nozzle for that cage size :)

If I do not have a mister yet should i be doing showers with my male veiled cham on a ficus daily instead of a hand/bottle mister? If so how many showers?

if i do not have a mister yet should i be doing showers with my male veiled cham on a ficus daily instead of a hand/bottle mister? If so how many showers?

are you having dehydration issues or low humidity?
If not, then you don't need to do showers if you have the time to do manual mistings.

I guess he problem I am having with manual mistings is: it seems to take a me 10 or 15 minutes of misting before he gets enough water. I'm sure I need to get better foliage because what I have in there now dosen't seem to hold enough water droplets on the leaves. It seems like when he first notices that I'm misting he dosen't like it but then he'll open his mouth a couple of times to let the droplets that have fallen on his mouth-area go inside his mouth. Then I'll spray close to him so water will ricochet into his mouth while he opens and closes his mouth. Lately I have been giving him water orally while administering his oral medication. I give it from a tiny syringe (without a needle of course).

Back
Top Bottom