Misting Schedule

KeopiCat

Avid Member
Hello,

I hope you and your chams are all well!

Recently I've been looking at some of the forum member's misting schedules and they don't match up with mine. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right, I don't want dehydration nor risk of a respiratory issue.

I have a year(ish) old male veiled chameleon, my average home humidity is around 50%, I have a Starter MistKing with one nozzle and my schedule is as follows:

7:30 AM: Lights on
8:00 AM: 8 mins
11:30 AM: 7 mins
3 PM: 7 mins
6 PM: 6 mins
8:30 PM: Lights out

It used to be ~2 mins every increment but then I read that you should have the system run for 6+ mins. I'm honestly confused, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Keopi and Mondo

Hello,

I hope you and your chams are all well!

Recently I've been looking at some of the forum member's misting schedules and they don't match up with mine. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right, I don't want dehydration nor risk of a respiratory issue.

I have a year(ish) old male veiled chameleon, my average home humidity is around 50%, I have a Starter MistKing with one nozzle and my schedule is as follows:

7:30 AM: Lights on
8:00 AM: 8 mins
11:30 AM: 7 mins
3 PM: 7 mins
6 PM: 6 mins
8:30 PM: Lights out

It used to be ~2 mins every increment but then I read that you should have the system run for 6+ mins. I'm honestly confused, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Keopi and Mondo
Ignore this I'm going to post here to see what everyone says for advice also lol.

i keep my lights on for 12 hours. 6am-6pm. I used to keep a schedule similar to yours, but shorter spray time @KeopiCat. But the problem i had was that i started to have mold growing in my wood because i didn't allow enough dry time. now my schedule goes as follows:

same lights schedule

7:30am- 7 minutes (Sat, Mon, Tue)
6:30am- 7 minutes (Thu, Fri)
1:00pm- 7 minutes (daily)
1:07pm- 10 minutes (Sun, Wed)

I have a live plants with thick foliage so i don't believe i have humidity issues. but the reason i went with this schedule was after a response i received from extensionofgreen in a thread i started. here's the link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/intruders-bugs-and-mold.155971/

after thinking about what he said, it made sense to me and haven't had issues so far. been on that schedule for a couple of weeks now.

i'm also trying to use your post like everyone else, so that's basically why i replied to this thread! :p:ROFLMAO: Haha jk.

To get the full benefits of the misting system you'll need to mist for longer periods of time. I believe bill strand recommends at least 5 mins.

When youre misting it is for hydration and also hygiene .

my monsoon can only go up to 120 seconds at a time....what should i do in this situation?

Can you do consecutive sessions? So maybe 3, 2 minute sessions one after another? i didn't realize those had a limit... i was considering that monsoon when i was getting my setup together, but i read everywhere about Mistking and it wasn't too much more in price so i went with that.

Back
Top Bottom