Misting Schedule

Big Gulp

Established Member
Hi all. I just installed the Mistking starter system. It has 1 nozzle.

I'm wondering what kind of schedule I should be on. How many times/day....how many minutes per misting.

I have a 6 month old panther.

Also, I'm using a 5 gallon bucket for the reservoir. Is there anything I can wrap it in to make the water warmer? Not talking too warm by using a heating pad or anything, since I know it can grow bacteria more easily...or so I've read.

Thanks!

I would do 5-8 minutes 3-4x day depending on how well he drinks and what his urates look like
Thanks.

I tried this the last few days and every time it kicks on he runs for cover. Do you think he'll eventually get used to it?

I've seen many videos where chams with shower in the mist and drink. I need my guy to do this as well.

Totally normal reaction, especially at first. I wouldnt worry about the water temp. If you heat it, as soon as it becomes such fine mist, its going to realease that heat into the air and become quite cool anyhow. Make sure the animal has a place to get away from it if he likes.

You can try an aquarium water heater. It will warm the water but, like Solid Snake said, as soon as it sprays the heat will dissipate. So as long as the water is room temp it should be fine.

Some run and hide when they go off, and then run out and drink after every thing is soaked. Some sit under the sprinklers and take eyeball washes.

The key is to have the cage completely dry out between soaks.

JannB's blog said it may be better to start with longer misting times initially, so your cham understands that it's his water source. Wrapping it will still result in the ambient room temp. I just leave mine at room temp. He was under the spraying today.

Thanks for the replies all.

He definitely has places he can escape to if he wants. I have a huge Schefflera Arboricola along with a pothos in his cage.

Thanks.

I tried this the last few days and every time it kicks on he runs for cover. Do you think he'll eventually get used to it?

I've seen many videos where chams with shower in the mist and drink. I need my guy to do this as well.
My panther runs and hides. Totally normal. It doesn't mean he's not drinking

Back
Top Bottom