misting questions

jones5233

when i mist my chams cage, he dosn't like it to well. he gets black spots on him which is a sign of stress. i just got him mondayby the way. he is a senegal. when i get done he climbs to the door and wants out. if u get him out the spots will disapear quickly. i have read that a senegal is the black sheep of the cham family, and sometimes like human contact. however i never force him to come out. if he offers then i will let him. he also don't go to other people. he will only come out to me! My main question is about the misting part. is that normal.

im no expert but does your bottle make a phhhhrrrrummmpppp noice llike is it a windex pump action sprayer if it is and has a adjust thing make the miser so it doesnt make any noise that should help or go buy a pump up sprayer with just a trigger on it ... mine hates the noise if i dont have the nossil dialed....

im no expert but does your bottle make a phhhhrrrrummmpppp noice llike is it a windex pump action sprayer if it is and has a adjust thing make the miser so it doesnt make any noise that should help or go buy a pump up sprayer with just a trigger on it ... mine hates the noise if i dont have the nossil dialed....

The noise wont bother him as chams cant hear noise they feel/hear through vibrations...to the original question.....are you misting your cham directly or just into his enclosure (on plants and vines etc). Also are you using warm or cold water?

chams dont like misters, esp if they spray them, or if the water is cold and touches them use as hot as it gets out of the tap when misted itll be just warm, but reguardless mine has hated the look of any sprayer i stick in there during spraying or not, she runs sometimes very stupidly, but is fine with my hand, so she knows whats me and whats not.... if it makes the cham come out almost everytime id say add some better hiding spots so the cage is better to hide in then run from....

so on that note of noise... and vibrations./.. i have a drum set in my basebent on the other side of the house do you think that bothers him when i play.......

so on that note of noise... and vibrations./.. i have a drum set in my basebent on the other side of the house do you think that bothers him when i play.......

probably, hell my spiders and scorps hate it let alone my reptiles, i dont turn up my stereo often anymore, but thunderstorms do happen so i crank it every now and again just not often...

mine hates being misted, but if i can move him to the back corner of his tank and spray though the top he likes it and will drink it as i spray. though i still want an automatic mister.

Back
Top Bottom