Misting questions

I'm new here and was wanting some opinions on misting systems. I've had chams before but always used a spray bottle. It's really a pain because my schedule is always different and thought it would be much better with an automatic system.

I was planning on the mist king starter system. Is this the best system to use our are there better options. Also, should I use just one nozzle or do I need two?

Here's my setup for reference. It measures 48 in. long X 15 in. deep X 43 in. tall.

Thanks for any help!

I might go with 2 nozzles for coverage for that width. I'm a bit concerned about overspray because it isn't very deep front to back.
I have a Climist system I like as much as my bf's Mistking. Climist is a little cheaper. Either system you pick you will never know how you made due without them. Good purchase.
Great looking cabinet.

Thanks! Are there any nozzles that are in a fan pattern? You're probably correct about the spray coming out the sides. It would be nice to direct the spray to inside the cage only.

I only know of one kind of nozzle. You might have to modify it with a guard or strategically place plants or plastic to redirect the spray.
How do you plan to deal with drainage?

The inside is coated with a rubber flex seal material. I've got the whole cabinet tilted slightly angling back and to the left where I drilled a hole and put a funnel underneath with a tube going to the left bucket in the photo. I'm also going to put painters plastic in the bottom to catch most of the water. The plastic will also be funneled into that hole. Kind of like a double water system.

I'm sure I'll have to tweak the system some but that's my plan. Drainage is the only real problem with messing with old cabinets that I've run into so far doing it this way.

Brilliant! I thought the back was screen before. If it is solid then put your nozzle(s) in the front corner(s) facing diagonal towards the middle back and you won't have any problem with mist coming out the sides or front, except on the days your cham climbs on them.

THAT is a nice setup!

The MIstKing starter kit will work very well with that size enclosure. As suggested above the only thing I would get would be a second nozzle or a dual nozzle.

full

Awesome, I'll need to order that soon.

Another question, how quickly will a mist king go through water? Let's say a 5 gallon bucket full. I know there is probably no way to know exactly but a rough guess?

Awesome, I'll need to order that soon.

Another question, how quickly will a mist king go through water? Let's say a 5 gallon bucket full. I know there is probably no way to know exactly but a rough guess?

That's almost impossible to answer. Way to many factors. I go thru a 2 gallon bucket every 5-7 days. I also use a glass terrarium and mist 4 times a day for about 1- 2 minute only.

Back
Top Bottom