Misting and Using Dprippers

has anyone ever own a mister by mistking....a lil pricy but seems like good quality. also....right now the only thing im doin so my cham can get water is a drip system and manually mist it. only problem is im gone 8 hours a day for work so i cant mist it and i also heard that its not good to spray them but to spray around them...how would this work with the mister...wouldnt he get irritated with it?

I haven't used a mistking.. I built my system using a garden sprayer. But, to answer your question, the chameleon moves if it doesn't want to be sprayed. My system has 2 sprinkler heads in the cage, and if he wants out from under them, he just.. walks away from them. However, that rarely happens. My panther LOVES to be sprayed. He sits in the mist, and usually travels between the two sprinkler heads.. sits under one for a minute, walks to the other, sits in it. I mist the pygmy enclosures by hand, and usually give him a good spray too. A lot of chameleons don't like to be sprayed directly.. mine is quite happy with it. He gulps water, cleans his eyes, poops.. etc.

I mist all 6 of my chams., but instead of the dripper i put them in the shower( they just love it thier colors lighten up so nicley)!!!!!

Jake @ west coast chameleons

Back
Top Bottom