Misting and lamps.

KarmaChameleon1337

Avid Member
I'm looking into getting a mistking for my cham's cage. The problem is whether or not all the water will destroy the heat lamp? I've accidentally gotten the water too close to the hot bulb and it exploded. Would this happen with a mistking?

I'm looking into getting a mistking for my cham's cage. The problem is whether or not all the water will destroy the heat lamp? I've accidentally gotten the water too close to the hot bulb and it exploded. Would this happen with a mistking?

yep..make sure your lamps are not too close to the top of the enclosure..and just mess with the aiming of the nozzles..once they are set up to mist accordingly you wont have any problems..

I just got most of the set up from LLLreptile in the chameleon section, the lamp has a small clamp but the clamp sucks and makes it fall back down right against the top of the mesh. I might try hanging it from the ceiling but for now at even the slightest suggestion at altering my room or making a hook of ANY kind my mom freaks... I like building so maybe I'll ask my tech teacher for suggestions.

good idea..and yes the clamps totally suck, some of them can be tightend up with a pair of pliers..i have seen a guy use a square box that was just a tad larger than his lamp shade that was wrapped in tinfoil (basically top and bottom folded in so its a square without top and bottom) and he had the light on top of that..

p.s. HIS LIGHT WAS REALLY LOW WATTAGE>> im sure if it gets hot enough its gunna catch on fire..mayby you can find some aluminum sheet and just make a ring from it???

anyway good luck with that..

From LLL reptile the mesh isn't very... hard? It's basically a soft screen so it doesn't support things easily. I guess strong string and duct tape is what I'll have to use to hang it.

From LLL reptile the mesh isn't very... hard? It's basically a soft screen so it doesn't support things easily. I guess strong string and duct tape is what I'll have to use to hang it.

ya prolly the best till your mom ok's a hook in the wall or ceiling..maybe you could use some super strong stickable "3M" hooks..they make all different kinds that are meant to support weight..and they just stick to whatever, untill you peel them off

lamp stand

here are some ideas.

get a dowel or PVC pipe and ziptie it to your frame standing up and clamp the light to it.

With the help of your tech ed teacher get a 1"x10"x12"long and a dowel or broom stick handle. drill a hole big enough for the rod in the 1"x10" all the way on one side insert rod and clamp your light to that.

Another would be a PVC stand. Go to your local hardware store and and 8'x 1/2" or 3/4" pvc pipe and two L elbow connectors. lay one L flat on the ground and glue the other one standing up to it. Once it cures you can cut three 1' sections as your legs and the 5' for your lamp to clip on.

You see.. I just made a ghetto looking ceiling hanger out of rainbow colored yarn I found laying around, I just braided it 3 times, braided those together, etc. It seems pretty strong to me so it works.

Back
Top Bottom